Ats-1 Analog Tape Simulator

Is geheel analoog, geen ad-da conversie en geen latency dus....Komt van o.a. de maker van Pendulum Audio vooral bekend om z'n zeer goede compressor.

http://www.anamodaudio.com/

Attachments

• ats1frontphoto.jpg
    ats1frontphoto.jpg
    83,2 KB · Bekeken: 120
aargh :( dat meen je niet ! dat gaat leuk worden, kan ik straks weer leuk ouwe tapes voor een vermogen op ebay zien te scoren...
is er niet een andere fabrikant die dat spul maakt ?

Origineel geplaatst door elektrovolt
aargh :( dat meen je niet ! dat gaat leuk worden, kan ik straks weer leuk ouwe tapes voor een vermogen op ebay zien te scoren...
is er niet een andere fabrikant die dat spul maakt ?

je kan nog tot 28 feb. orders plaatsen dus als je het veel gebruikt zou ik ff inslaan als ik jou was!

hmm, en dat op het moment dat ik even helemaal geen geld heb...

sorry voor het offtopic gebeuren trouwens, maar misschien is dit apparaat, evenals de Neve Portico 5042 en de Empirical Labs fatso een goed alternatief.

By popular demand, wow and flutter is not included.

Nah, wie is 'popular demand' en waarom wordt er naar hem geluisterd?
Als ik iets met tape wil, wil ik JUIST wow en flutter horen (binnen redelijke grenzen).
Dan maar weer gewoon aan de tape delay. Heb je alle voordelen van tape, met méér.

The ATS-1 is entirely analog, and is the first to be designed by a new technique called the AnaMod Process™.* Mathematical analysis similar to the type used to create DSP plugins is used to design analog audio processing hardware, eliminating the need to digitize the audio.*

Kweetniet hoor, ik vind dit een beetje gebakkenlucht-achtig klinken.
En voor $3000 list price ben je gek als je niet gewoon een echte taperecorder koopt... :D

Aan het leven ook... aan de aarde ook... aan de zon ook... :Z

Haha 3000,-
Ik zou zeggen veel succes met de verkoop Anamod.

Zijn er nog ander merken die tape emuleren behalve de bovenstaande.
Het liefst iets goedkoper :)

Hier een reviewtje van iemand op de NAMM show.....

HOLY MOTHER OF G•D, WE HAVE TAPE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

alright, those who know me here know that i take every opportunity to plug analog tape for tracking, mixing, signal munging, whatever. i'm a studer man, i would be a tube emi man if i could, and while i find many of the tape sims out there to be interesting and useful, there has been nothing --- and i mean NOTHING --- that has even remotely sounded to me like what i get when i patch thru the studer.

this may well have changed. greg gaultieri, otherwise known as pendulum audio, teamed up with dave amels to bring us an analog tape modeler that is itself pure analog circuitry. there is no dsp, no software, no conversion going on here. what they've done is model the behavior of every aspect of a tape machine and replicate its behavior, "code" it if you will, using good old fashioned resistors and capacitors.

the demo had two machines, a studer and a 3m, and two tape formulations, 456 and gp9. there are slots for two more of each, and they are working on additional cards to bring us lenny kravitz's tube 4 track from abbey road, as well as any old brand of discontinued, funky tape formula they can get their hands on.

what can i say? i'm on a noisy trade show floor, with headphones, and i can already tell that this box does exactly what i'm used to getting when i tweak the knobs on the studer. everything is here: record level, overbias, lf rec and hf repro, even adjustable hiss (!). i manipulated stereo drums, then electric bass, then upright bass.

it saturates, it levels, it distorts, it de-digitizes, it smooths, it even craps out starting on the bottom of the kick, just like tape. the stereo drums were crunchy to the point of brittleness; i grabbed the hf repro knob, dialed it back, and the harshness completely disappeared.

i would love to get one of these boxes into my room to really run it thru its paces, because i can tell the behavior is all there but i'd like to verify that the tone is as well, and i trust the focals a bit more than headphones; for what it's worth, knowing pendulum audio, i have complete faith that this box sounds as good as it behaves. in any case, these guys are onto something very magical indeed. as a tone maven and colorhound of the first order, this is exactly the kind of weapon i love having in my arsenal. and while i love the studer, the idea of having a 3m, a j37, and mutliple formulas of old tape all available at the flick of a switch has me salivating.

i've seen some cool toys at this show, but this one takes the cake. it's classic, it's vintage, it's state of the art, it's genious. so everybody write to these guys, thank them for using their gifts to better the world of music, and feel free to politely urge them to slip me a unit for in-depth review when it's ready for production . you KNOW you want to hear sound clips!

yeah!

gregoire
del
ubk

Geweldig.. Iedereen opnemen met 2784Khz en 23474bit sampling en dan daarna door dit apparaat raggen om er wat hiss en distortion aan toe te voegen.. hahahahaha.... lol

Back