Luma-1: de nieuwe Linn LM-1: samenwerking tussen Joe Britt en Roger Linn himself

LUMA-1.jpg
LUMA-2.jpg
LUMA-3.jpg

According to @luma1_drum_machine:

"Welcome! We are two US based engineers who are building and selling a few Luma1 Drum Machines with Roger Linn and Joe Britt’s consent."

"While the Luma1 hardware design is in the final stage for preparation before manufacturing, there is much work happening on the software side. Luma1 is running the original LM1 code on the Z80 CPU while the secondary ARM processor delivers new features. Those include custom sound loading, MIDI, synchronization and now added OLED support. More work needs to be done to expand it and bring brand the new functionality, but we’re really happy with the progress."

Click the pics for larger shots. You can find a full write-up on Roger Linn's website here, and additional demos and pics on Instagram here.

Roger Linn: "I've recently met a new friend named Joe Britt, founder and CEO of a tech company here in Silicon Valley called Afero, and designer of some significant tech products over the years.

Lucky for me, Joe also has a personal interest in my old drum machines. A few years ago, a friend of his gave him (!) one of my old LM1 drum machines. He enjoyed playing with it, but he wished it had a few extra features like loading alternate sounds from files, and pitch and pan knobs on the front panel.

So he decided to make his own enhanced LM1. He searched the web and found some incomplete old schematics, filled in the gaps by reverse-engineering the boards, then redesigned and replaced all of the circuit boards to include his enhancements. Note in the photo above that his redesigned boards are about half the size of the original boards, and are purple! Prince would have loved that."

Over de prijs heb ik geen info gevonden.
Zal wel gepost worden eenmaal het toestel daadwerkelijk te verkrijgen zal zijn.

Ja er zitten een hele zwik presets in.
Plus je kan er ook EPROMs in laden.

Ik heb zelf ook een echte linndrum lm2, en de AJL is werkelijk waar spot on.

Ja er zitten een hele zwik presets in.
Plus je kan er ook EPROMs in laden.

Ik heb zelf ook een echte linndrum lm2, en de AJL is werkelijk waar spot on.

ok, top dat wordt dan waarschijnlijk een aanschaf, ik dacht dat ik al genoeg drum computer vst's had, maar neeejj. :)

Ziet er wel goed uit, maar jammer dat 'ie geen Apple Silicon support heeft ondanks dat dat inmiddels ruim 3 jaar op de markt is. Tot die tijd hoef ik hem niet. Gelukkig heb ik ongeveer nog 20 miljard Linndrum samples her en der.

Hij is erg traag met updaten De OB Xtreme2 is ook nog niet compatible. VS-DSX (simmons) is wel geupdate dit jaar ergens.
Het is goed spul, maar je merkt dat het maar 1 vent is met wss andere zaken als hoofdinkomen :)

Ik had anders die VPROM ook wel genomen, maar het duurt wel erg lang.

Back