Nieuw album Kate Bush

Hooihuis

Acta est fabula
De meesten wisten het waarschijnlijk al, maar toch.....na jaren stilte heeft Kate Bush weer een nieuw album uitgebracht. Het is een dubbelaar geworden genaamd "Aerial".

Ik heb hem nog niet gekocht maar dat ga ik zeker nog doen. Vraag me echter af of er al SF'ers zijn die hem hebben en zo ja, wat ze er van vinden!

Stukje van het net:

Kate's new album AERIAL will be released on November 7th. Kate's new single KING OF THE MOUNTAIN was released on October 24th. Both the single and album are produced by Kate. Kate says: "I'm so pleased with everyone's work on this record. There are some lovely performances and I hope you will all feel it's been worth the wait. Bertie keeps me very busy, he is so much fun". Known contributors to the new album include drummer Stuart Elliott, jazz percussionist Peter Erskine, John Giblin, Eberhard Weber and Bosco D’Oliveira. Paddy Bush and Lol Creme provide vocals. The late Michael Kamen wrote the string arrangements for two tracks which will appear on the new album - she recorded what she has described as "some beautiful orchestral movements" with him and the London Metropolitan Orchestra at Abbey Road in October 2003. Chris Hall has played accordion on one track. Classical musicians Emma Murphy and Susanna Pell have also recorded for the album. Del Palmer is said to be engineering. Kate had her new recording studio serviced and upgraded and started recording in late 1999. On May 23rd 2002 Kate received the Ivor Novello award for Outstanding Contribution To British Music By A Songwriter. Kate appeared live for the first time in almost 15 years singing Comfortably Numb as David Gilmour's special guest at his Royal Festival Hall concert on January 18th 2002. Kate won the Best Classic Songwriter award at the 12th Annual Q Magazine awards on 29th October 2001. In an interview in December 2001 a happy Kate talked about progress on the new album and her happiness with her son Bertie. After receiving a standing ovation at the Q Awards she said: "This is just great, I am making an album but it is just taking a little longer than I thought and I have been having a great time with my son." We warmly congratulate Kate on all the recent awards and recognition from her industry peers! EMI still plan to release remastered and repackaged CDs of the remainder of Kate's album catalogue as with 1997's Hounds Of Love reissue. The CDs will have new packaging and photos and extra tracks. The initial release schedule has "slipped", but EMI are hoping that the reissues will pave the way for the release of Kate's eighth studio album. This site will have all and any updates on the new album and the reissues as they come in, so hang in there!

Heb 'm gister gehoord gedeeltelijk, en opzich best een mooi album! Moest af en toe denken aan (een minder 'aparte') Björk.

Niet de moeite voor €20,-, maar dat vind ik van ELKE CD.

Ah, Aerial...

Verplichte kost voor iedereen die dan ook maar aan beetje van alternatieve stijlen houdt. Deze plaat (eh, 2 eigenlijk) is Briljant! Zo verschrikkelijk mooi, ingetogen, persoonlijk...en zo goed in elkaar gezet, ieder puntje op de i... Dit dubbelalbum getuigt van absolute professionaliteit op álle fronten. Kate, two thumbs up!

12 jaar wachten is voor de fan best wel lang, maar het heeft wel iets heeeel moois opgeleverd.

Björk, eat your heart out! }:|

Proost,
JP8

Ik heb de cd's vandaag ontvangen en ben aangenaam verrast.
De eerste cd klinkt heel lekker. De tweede cd klinkt meer dan lekker.
Ik zou nog niet kunnen zeggen waar hem het verschil in de twee cd's zit, maar al met al heeft Kate hier een album neergezet dat het beluisteren meer dan waard is.

groet

Tom

We zijn ondertussen drie maanden verder en beluister deeze CD's veelvuldig.
Ik ben na een aantal malen luisteren de eerste schijf meer gaan waarderen. Voorkeur heb ik dus niet meer.
Nog steeds een fantastisch album.

groet

Tom

Back