Digitech DHP-55

Zijnvelt

Stamgast
Iemand ervaring met deze bak? Schijnt een goede Eventide alternatief te zijn, maar kan er niet veel info over vinden.

Kwam dit net tegen op een forum:

"I recently scored a DHP-55 with the Studio 5000 ROM upgrade (new presets and a few very minor bug fixes). I am STILL blown away by it. The thing is an absolute monster!

First, don't let the Digitech name fool you. The unit was built by IVL Technologies (Canada), the company that more recently joined up with T.C. Electronic to create T.C. Helicon. Thus, the only thing that says "Digitech" is the front panel and the manual. The serial number plate proudly proclaims "IVL" and the pan parameters use "Centre" instead of "Center." (Forgive me, but I'm not a Digitech fan, so I figured I'd mention this disclaimer.)

Plainly put, the DHP-55 sounds sick. Running a clean tone through the diatonic shifts are impressive but somewhat artifact-y and sound ... well ... like a processor. Using your amp's distorted tones, however, sound completely insane -- it's as close as you'll get to "four guitars" without having, as the old DHP adverts showed, four guitars and whole bunch of mechanical arms to play 'em at the same time. The distortion's overtones really fill in the sonic gaps in the shifted tones and it sounds COMPLETELY awesome."

Back