Emulator X:

* 1 stereo analog inputs (2 ins)
* 1 stereo analog outputs (2 outs)
* 1 ADAT I/O
* 1 S/PDIF I/O (coaxial)
* 1 MIDI I/O
* 1 FireWire (IEEE1394) I/O

Emulator X Studio:

* 2 Micro TFPro preamps (w/48V phantom power)
* 3 stereo analog inputs (6 ins)
* 4 stereo analog outputs (8 outs)
* 1 turntable input w/RIAA preamp/EQ
* 8 outs for configurable enclosures in 7.1
* 1 ADAT I/O
* 1 S/PDIF I/O (coaxial)
* 1 S/PDIF I/O (optical)
* 1 MIDI I/O
* 1 FireWire (IEEE1394) I/O
* 1 Word Clock I/O
* 1 SMPTE I/O
* 1 MTC output

Prijzen:
Emulator X = ~$249 USD
Emulator X Studio = ~$499 USD

Het ziet er naar uit dat het kaartje benodigd is om het ding te laten lopen; in zekere zin een hardwarebeveiliging. Ik kan het natuurlijk ook mis hebben. Maar, de Z-plane filters zijn in ieder geval weer terug! Nu maar hopen dat Creative het grotendeels aan E-mu heeft overgelaten.

Ik heb trouwens even gezocht en niets kunnen vinden op "EmulatorX". Ik kan me recentelijk ook niets herinneren dat er al hier op stond, dus excuses als het toch een dubbelpost mocht zijn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rofl

Rofl

Origineel geplaatst door C-Code
Ik heb nu een emu esi 4000 turbo die ik aan de straatstenen niet meer kwijt raak.

Dat geloof ik best.

Geen appelen met citroenen vergelijken aub.

Ik weet het niet. Lijkt wel te mooi om waar te zijn, voor die prijs. Ik weet het: het addertje is is natuurlijk dat er al heel mooi 'Creative' op staat, dus voor hetzelfde geld zou het een soort Audigy met wat extra software en dergelijke kunnen zijn. Maar aan de andere kant, ik ga er niet vanuit dat ze de 'Emulator' naam zo dom zouden behandelen, behalve als er inderdaad een Emulator 5 op de markt komt die 2 keer zo duur is en deze X een consumerversie is (Marketingtechnisch niet eens zo vreemd..) :erm: uhhh yeah right... Aaarrch ik moet eens van die Samenzweringsromans afblijven! ;)

Laten we kijken hoe het gaat worden.

ik denk dat die prijzen gewoon helemaal niet kloppen..wacht maar ff af...

En eindelijk is er meer info :

It’s been two years since Emu first announced that they were working on a software sampler (then given the working title of Emulator 5), but they finally unveiled their plans at the Winter NAMM show in Los Angeles.

Both of the planned sampling systems are dependent on PCI hardware shipped as part of the system, and the sampling software cannot be run without them — a neat way of tackling software piracy. Interestingly, Mac support will not initially be available, although we’re told it should follow eventually — perhaps Emu feel the Mac platform has enough software samplers already.

It’s worth tarrying on the PCI cards in the sampling systems for a moment, as these will also be available as stand-alone PCI soundcards in their own right (although again, initially only for Windows PCs). There are three new PCI cards in total, each featuring 24-bit/192kHz resolution, high-quality A-D converters and an onboard DSP effects chip, E-DSP. This chip can run 16 individual effects simultaneously, and 20 algorithms with 500 presets are supplied. The chip also handles audio routing, controlled by the bundled Patch Mix virtual mixer software, which permits zero-latency monitoring.

The first and most basic of the cards is the 1212M (£149.99), which provides two balanced analogue inputs and outputs, ADAT optical I/O, co-axial S/PDIF I/O and MIDI In and Out. The main PCI card, which houses the E-DSP chip, deals with the digital I/O, while a daughterboard handles the A-D conversion and analogue I/O.

The more highly specified 1820 (£299.99) and 1820M (£349.99, pictured below) are based around the same main card, but also include a half-rack breakout box which houses the A-D converters, S/PDIF, and MIDI I/O. The breakout box also includes two TFPro mic preamps with phantom power. In total, the two more expensive cards provide six balanced analogue inputs and eight balanced analogue outputs, a turntable input with an RIAA phono preamp and ground point, ADAT I/O and output, co-axial S/PDIF I/O, an optical S/PDIF output, two sets of MIDI Ins and Outs and a Firewire port.

The 1820M package features higher-quality A-D converters than the 1820, and also includes a sync daughterboard offering word clock, SMPTE, and MTC output (pictured underneath the 1820M on the left).

All three soundcards are due for release in January, and are compatible with Windows 2000 and XP, and ASIO 2, WDM and Direct Sound drivers.

The two software sampling systems, now entitled Emulator X and Emulator X Studio, are based around the 1212M and 1820M I/O packages respectively. The Emulator X software, which is included with both sampling systems, combines automated sampling and pitch-detection with a waveform editor and a sophisticated synthesis engine to allow morphing and modulation. In addition to its own sampling features, Emulator X can load samples in a variety of formats, including Akai and Gigasampler. The software, which can run as a stand-alone application or as a VST plug-in, can also make use of the Emu effects algorithms running on the soundcard’s E-DSP chip.

The Emulator X package includes the software and the 1212M interface and costs £219.99, while the Emulator X Studio package, which includes the same software but with the 1820M interface, costs £429.99. Both systems require Windows 2000 or XP, include ASIO 2, WDM and Direct Sound drivers, and are due to be released in February.

http://sound-on-sound2.infopop.net/...94090574&m=3313083667&r=3313083667#3313083667

3 interessante punten van deze nieuwe EMU produkten:

- zelfde DAC's als in de Protools HD units
- Ted Fletcher (van de joemeek bakken) heeft de pre-amps gedesigned
- schijnbaar worden alle sounds van de proteus en planet(die control range bakken:hiphop, r&b, dance etc.) range op Cd-rom meegeleverd

Origineel geplaatst door David
En eindelijk is er meer info :

It’s been two years since Emu first announced that they were working on a software sampler (then given the working title of Emulator 5), but they finally unveiled their plans at the Winter NAMM show in Los Angeles.

Both of the planned sampling systems are dependent on PCI hardware shipped as part of the system, and the sampling software cannot be run without them — a neat way of tackling software piracy. Interestingly, Mac support will not initially be available, although we’re told it should follow eventually — perhaps Emu feel the Mac platform has enough software samplers already.

Hoogst waarschijnlijk willen ze niet concureren met Motu Machfive, waarschijnlijk komt dit ook omdat creative weinig ervaring met de apple heeft. Ik vind het toch erg jammer om op deze manier een grote doelgroep gewoon te negeren........nu ik mn emu hardware sampler heb verkocht, komt er dus geen emu meer in. Hadden waardeloze support in de hardware tijd, hopelijk is dat nu beter.

zonder geluidskaart

zonder geluidskaart

Zou je de Emu X ook alleen voor sampling kunnen gebruiken? Zodat je de in en uitgangen van een andere kaart kan gebruiken ipv de emu X????????

Heeft er al iemand ervaring mee of ergens een review gevonden?

En weet iemand waar deze in België verkrijgbaar is en aan welke prijs?

Via het net is er namelijk niet veel over te vinden op belgische sites :stupid

Eindelijk wat meer info over de nieuwe softsampler van EMU.
Er staat ook een overzichtelijke flash animatie op hun site :

http://www.emu.com/
http://www.emu.com/products/product.asp?product=2212&category=631&maincategory=631

Emulator X is a 24-bit/192kHz software sampler with integrated I/O and hardware-accelerated effects for Windows XP and 2000. You can run Emulator X as a VST instrument within your favorite sequencer application or standalone, from RAM or streaming from hard disk.

Automated sample acquisition and preset creation :
Emulator X makes sampling as easy as loading a preset by offering intelligent, automated sampling and preset creation from both external audio and batch files, allowing you to turn a .WAV file into a fully functioning preset in seconds with a single click of your mouse.

Advanced synthesis architecture :
No software sampler can match the depth of the Emulator X synthesis engine, with 36 patchcords per voice, over 50 patented Z-Plane morphing filters, multi- wave LFO's, conditional voice modulation, clock modulation and a host of other synthesis features and parameters. You can even save your favorite synth setups as templates for quick editing.

Standalone or VSTi operation :
You can use Emulator X as a VSTi instrument within your favorite sequencer program or run it standalone for maximum system performance.

RAM and Streaming playback:
Emulator X offers you playback from both RAM and hard disk for total flexibility in optimizing the performance of your system.

24-bit/192kHz PCI interface with 12 inputs, 12 outputs, MIDI and FireWire® :
Emulator X ships with comprehensive I/O, featuring mastering-grade 120dB SNR converters, MIDI I/O, FireWire® and analog and digital I/O.

E-DSP Multi-effects Processor
The powerful 32-bit E-DSP Processor provides you with an arsenal of hardware-accelerated plug-in effects (over 500 presets) with no CPU overhead, saving your system resources for maximum polyphony and synthesis.

PatchMix DSP :
Emulator X ships with PatchMix DSP- software that delivers 32 channels of zero latency hardware mixing and monitoring with a flexible virtual patchbay- no external mixer needed.

Integrated waveform editor :
Emulator X provides you with a host of professional DSP tools that you've come to expect from E-MU (i.e. Gain Change, Time Compression/Expansion, Reverse, Pitch Change, Sample Calculation w/automatic digital tuning, etc.), giving you total control over your samples

Comprehensive sound format support :
Emulator X supports EOS, EIII, GigaSampler, Akai, HALion, EXS24, SoundFont 2.1, .WAV and many more sound formats- ships with over 2GB of sounds.

Automated preset cataloging across network drives :
Emulator X automatically catalogs and tracks all of your presets across your entire network- no wasted time looking for sounds

en dit heb je nodig om de boel te laten werken :

Minimum System Requirements:

- Genuine Intel Pentium III or AMD K6 class processor or higher operating at 1.5GHz or faster (Pentium4 at 2.4GHz or faster recommended)
- Intel, AMD or 100% compatible motherboard & chipset
- 512MB System RAM (1GHz or greater recommended)
- 7200 RPM hard disk
- 200MB of free hard disk space for minimum installation (3GB needed for full installation)
- Windows2000 SP 4, Windows XP SP 1 or greater

dus niet bruikbaar op OS X =( , Win98, Pentium II enz

Origineel geplaatst door David
dus niet bruikbaar op OS X =( , Win98, Pentium II enz

Nu is het meteen duidelijk op welke markt ze zich richten.......voor mij dus definitief dag..:doei:....naar emu.

Het is maar voor ze te hopen dat ze enigzins goed uit testen gaan komen, aangezien er al best wel wat goede concurrenten op de markt zijn, en als ze maar 1 platform ondersteunen zal het nog moeilijk voor ze worden.

De specs beloven veel.......maar naar mijn zin niet genoeg om zich extreem te onderscheiden van concurrenten.
Maar dat is maar mijn mening.

op het UAD forum hebben wat mensen de stoute schoenen aangetrokken en zo'n EMU kaart gekocht met bijbehorende software...ze zijn stuk voor stuk ERG te spreken over de geluidskwaliteit van de DAC's....en de EMU hardware sampler gebruikers zijn ook allemaal erg tevreden over de software...volgens hen klinkt het allemaal als een echte hardware EMU sampler....(en niet als kontakt, merktte iemand fijntjes op)

:halleluja ik ben verkocht, lijkt me ideaal...
heb nog geen goeie soundkaart, heb dringend een software based sampler nodig en krijg er nog eens dsp erboven op.
en al voor een prijs van 599 euri's, namelijk dit is de prijs voor de studio versie gevonden op musicstore.de
ff linkje http://www.musicstorekoeln.de/englisch/index.htm Weet iemand ze elders nog lager staan laat het me weten :eureka:

Origineel geplaatst door djkenny
:halleluja ik ben verkocht, lijkt me ideaal...
heb nog geen goeie soundkaart, heb dringend een software based sampler nodig en krijg er nog eens dsp erboven op.
en al voor een prijs van 599 euri's, namelijk dit is de prijs voor de studio versie gevonden op musicstore.de
ff linkje http://www.musicstorekoeln.de/englisch/index.htm Weet iemand ze elders nog lager staan laat het me weten :eureka:

die extra DSP kan je wel shaken.....alleen de effecten en het tranponeren wordt volgens mij door de DSP op de kaart uitgevoerd, maar al het andere gebeuren gebeurd door de CPU van je computer...... dus filters en modulatie etc..... en het blijkt dat de emulator X software behoooooooorlijk wat CPU vreet, in vergelijking met bv kontakt....maar het klinkt wel erg goed .......maar ik denk dat het je netto dus meer CPU kost dan dat het je oplevert...aangezien de effecten niet echt super highend zijn maar meer bruikbare bread&butter dingen

DSP van de emulatorx zijn (net als voor de 1212M) alleen voor de fx, en dus niet voor de sampler.

vraag voor Emu sampler bezitters:

zijn de synthese en sampling mogelijkheden van de pc-versie gelijk /meer dan de hardware ultra versies?
ik zie bv ook 50 soort filters/morph, heel wat modualtie mogelijkheden etc.

Back