W98 lite

Boost303

Mono-Amine
Zie hier wat specs:

98lite Professional NEW v4.5!
98lite 4.5 release notes

Windows the way you really want it! Faster, more stable, more configurable!

98lite is a selective feature installer for Windows 98, 98SE and Me that modularizes Windows features, applets and sub-systems into optional components that may be user installed and un-installed "on-the-fly".

Tailor your Windows installations to your hardware and needs for substantial improvements in performance, stability, and security by removing superfluous Windows code and features you don't want our use. 98lite makes Windows work for you; everything is optional and without risk; previously removed components can be effortlessly added back with a click of your mouse.

Power
Tailor your system with 98lite and eliminate the performance robbing waste of resources from features you don't use.

Stability
By removing a surplus of unused components, there is less Windows code lying around to break. More than 50% of Windows "Typical" installation can be removed.

Configure your desktop (shell) four different ways and change from one configuration to another in little more than a reboot.
SLEEK - a blisteringly fast incarnation of the Windows 95 Explorer
CHUBBY - a faster Windows98 Explorer without the web integration
OVERWEIGHT - the fully featured Windows98 Explorer complete with web-view and active desktop
98MICRO - A hybrid using the Windows 95 Explorer totally "webless" and totally protected from IE security holes
More Information on 98lite shell swapping features...
Options, Options and more Options!
Don't let the number of options 98lite offers scare you, if you don't understand or know about a particular option remove it! If you find out you want it back a click of a mouse is all it takes.

New options are integrated into the Control Panel Add/Remove list for selective installation right from the start, or they can be used to accelerate your current Windows setup.
New options include:
Internet Explorer
Media Player7 (Me)
MovieMaker (Me)
PC Health (Me)
Media Player2
DirectX
Direct Media
Task Scheduler
MS Cryptography
Web Folders
Internet Control Panel
Internet Search
Telephony
ISDN Configuration Wizard
Disk Defragmenter
Scandisk
ICM Color Profiles
Imaging Support
System Information
CleanUp Manager
Tune-up Wizard
Active Movie
Dr. Watson
Data Access Components
Connection Manager
Email Stationery
Windows Help Files
Legacy Windows 3.1 files
DOS command Files
Desktop Color Schemes
Desktop Tiles
....and more!

Add/Remove screen of the "Internet Tools" showing new options in blue.
Screenshot of all the 98lite "System Tools"

Screenshot of the 98lite menu

Fully Windows Me (Millennium Edition) ready, while also supporting Windows 98, and Windows 98SE (Second Edition).

Multiple language versions. Download add-on language modules

Dat ziet er heel interessant uit, heeft iemand dit al geinstalleerd?

chubby werkt prima

chubby werkt prima

Hoewel ik nooit met 4.5 heb gewerkt.. ik heb goeie ervaringen met versies 3 en 4.

Geen problemen gehad met drivers etc.

Ik heb Pro hier gedraait om Internet Explorer eruit te slopen en die onnodige windowszooi eruit te gooien. Het levert echt wat snelheidswinst op. Naast 98 lite zou ik nog een programma als TweakUI gebruiken om wat systeem instellingen te veranderen. TweakUI is te vinden op www.downloads.com.

Back