707/727 modden

sander

_
Vondt dit net op de Yahoo 707 groep:

Circuit bend Your Roland TR-707 or TR-727 with Detunable sounds & Rom Scrambling.

c6_12_sb.JPG

TR-727 Samples are on Myspace!!!!

CHECK EM OUT!!!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/swingingtastybag

Madness starts at 3:00min

I’m doing this because of a rather large response to the last modified 707 I sold. I'm doing it through ebay out of your security etc..

Please read this blurb in full to make sure you understand everything.

I guess it will take a fair bit of courage to send me your drum machine.. But my feedback is flawless, and I don’t intend on ripping anyone off.

as used by deepchild
(deepchild.com) photo by Chen Ryan - lushcreative.com.au

http://www.threedworld.com.au/content/view/1247/1/

If you own a TR-707 or TR-727, I'll modify it so that it'll become one hell of a beast.

I will not supply the TR707 or TR727, that’s up to you. You will have to mail me the Drum machine.. After I’ve modified it, I’ll send you a picture of the work etc, and then I’ll send it back to you. (After Payment of work + postage of course)

We were looking into making this available as a Kit, but there is one part of the operation that is super difficult, and unless you are a true devil with the soldering iron, then this is not an option.

Email me to discuss other modifications available such as Decay’s for the Hihats & Cymbal & Rides + More (On the 727 this would be Short & Long Whistle & Quijada & Star Chime)

This will rock your world!

Not too long ago, I thought that changing the pitch of the sounds on the TR707 was impossible...After all, It's Digital.. Not some easy analog TR-606 modification.. but a chance encounter changed all that (Thanks Gregory!)

THIS on it's own IS AMAZING, and will leave a stock TR-707 for dead... Make No Mistake!

It gives you about a 3-4 octave range on the first 8 banks of sounds. REAL TIME!

Then I'll add the rom scrambling bends.. these on there own will turn a TR-707 into a monster.. real APHEX TWIN , AUTECHRE or NIN stuff. This WILL scare your parents.

The bends can do various things from delays and flanging to crushing bit reduction and distortion to weird synth like tones.

In fact, with the bends, it can become more of a synth than drum machine.

You might see the 16 toggles on the left hand side, these activate the bends. There are 16 toggles, and any combination of 2 or more toggles = a new and unheard way of messing up the sound.

That equals 2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2 or 2 ^ 16 or

= 65,536 Different Sounds

(Most of them never heard before)

Now Take what you've read above and add them together.. hmmmmm.

Detunable + Rom scrambling??

Well this drum machine sounds like a lot of things.. A really chunky & Cutting Drum machine, A very cool and strange synth, a Commodore 64 being Killed by an Atari2600, Weird Clicks and pops, Bells and warbles... all of them infact.. at a flick of a switch.

If you want to do music that sounds like no one else.. Then this is for you.

I Pride myself on the quality of my work. You will notice, that It almost looks like it is how roland intended it. Not some ugly ugly swiss cheese drill holes in the side on an angle then paint the whole thing with a spray can in fluro colours hack job.

Unfortunately, Your 707/727 will not have the chrome knobs as shown in the picture, I don’t have any more of these.. and I’ll upload another picture soon of a friends 727 that I did for him.

I want for my work to look simple but be effective.

....To avoid the questions about what it sounds like, I made a 7min recording of me fooling about with one of my 707’s. ( I’ll post the same with a 727 soon), no FX, no EQ.. just 707.

Don't mark me on my beat making skills, I was just showing you what it's capable of.

Remember, I only used maybe 30 max different bend combinations.. still 65500 to go.

They start off stock sounding 707, then detuning , then bends, then both.

It is worth mentioning that it is the same beat the whole way through, In reality, I would normally be putting in rolls, changing the kick pattern etc..

Sample is HERE

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Things worth knowing.

1. Don’t bother sending me your Power Supply. I can take care of that.

2. As mentioned before, I cannot supply the chrome knobs in the picture, I’ll use black ones instead, which do look rather sharp. (This is the same as the pics with deepchild)

3. Buyer pays all shipping costs. Both ways. If you live in Sydney, we can agree to meet somewhere in the City for drop off/pick up etc.

4. The Ride & Cymbals will not have any Detunability.. I will also leave them out of the Rom Scrambling. As a result, the Ride & Cymbal will always be the Same. I can include the Ride & Cymbal in the bends if you wish.. Make sure you discuss that with me. (On the 727, the same applies for the Quijada & Star Chime)

5. No bidders with less than 5 feedback.

6. International Bidders. Paypal ONLY. Local Bidders Direct Deposit is OK too.

Good luck!

we do electronic music too.

www.swingingtastybag.net

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...30002284231&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1

Origineel geplaatst door sander
Maar goedkoop is het dus niet. Kan je net zogoed zelf aan de slag gaan.

nee goedkoop niet; maar t klinkt best aardig!:{

verschrikkelijk... wat een lelijke plaatsing van die knoppen en schakelaars...
een connector aan de zijkant met een extern kastje met knoppen zou de oplossing zijn geweest en kan er tevens fatsoenlijk qua text worden aangegeven wat nu wat pcies beinvloed want op de TR is daar nu al helemaal geen plek meer voor...

Origineel geplaatst door 6 trak
gear gewoon qua uiterlijk (zoveel mogelijk) origineel houden! :)

vindt ik ook, maar wat let je om een beter ontwerp te maken :), ik had een tijdje terug al op synthforum gelezen dat je eigen samples in de 707 zou kunnen stoppen, zodra dat kan wil ik er meteen 1, lijkt me ideaal om daar m,n vaste 909 drumkit in te gooien.

Op dit moment kan je nog geen samples in je 707 stoppen, de status van dat project hou ik bij in een ander topic hier op het forum.

Origineel geplaatst door anoniempje
ik had een tijdje terug al op synthforum gelezen dat je eigen samples in de 707 zou kunnen stoppen, zodra dat kan wil ik er meteen 1, lijkt me ideaal om daar m,n vaste 909 drumkit in te gooien.
nog beter is een sample player met een TR-626 voor de midi...

Back