[MacBeth] M5, een semi-modulaire M3x en de Moroco

Sliders? Ken why?

Waarom?

Maar nog meer interessante veranderingen. Voor de resonance en drifting van OSCC #3.

Gear + kwijlen = gijlen. :)

Hi Fuse! Having used arp gear in the past (Odessey/2600) and my Sonic Six, I have always loved using sliders, and rotary controls.............they way sliders work is great fun, and certainly for me, it's a different way of doing things............I have always used rotary controls because they are easy to obtain.........for the M5, I shall be having specific value slider potentiometers made for it! M5 has sliders and rotary pots and switches.........................should be fun!!

Origineel geplaatst door Ken
M5 has sliders and rotary pots and switches.........................should be fun!!
And a million patch points?

/me dreams of motor faders and digitally manage patchpoints. ;)

But when you have those sliders tailor made will it influence the price significantly?
Or are you planning to mass produce these babies?

btw now we also know why the M5 wasn't displayed on the Messe since you're still working on the prototype.

I like it, Ken.

I guess that it is going to be a big synth and the longer you work on it, the bigger it gets...

I especially like those quality faders.
On AH somebody was hoping you would also use ' those nice Arp style orange
graphics, block diagrams, and control flow arrows all over the place.'

Do you have any idea how this machine is going to look?
I am not worried about the sound, I expect it to be perfect...

Pherhaps he can do custom mods for customers?

Odd paint jobs or such.

That MX3 VCS looks rather nice.

Hi Eric! ....my plan hes been to incorporate the interesting retro graphics that someone had mentioned on AH.......how are you? I've visited your website a few times and you do very intersting stuff!..........you working on anything at the moment?
The sliders are Alpha pots btw.........
Ken

Thanks, Ken. I am fine and very busy.

I, as an ARPidiot, like the arplooks. So I am looking forward to the result!

Currently I am working on a cs40m, a polymoog synth, clavinet, arp solus and then there are a few waiting...for parts or for me...
I don't have the time, but I really like to go back in the other avatars...

Dit is echt te mooi voor woorden:

angle.jpg

Dit wordt een mega synth! :)

16THAPRIL.jpg

Respect voor deze man!
http://www.macbethstudiosystems.com

btw: The old prototype of the M5...

Attachments

• ken.jpg
    ken.jpg
    48,5 KB · Bekeken: 40
Ken.

You can smile can you?

Building synths is supposed to be fun! ;)

Hey Guys! Yes I do smile!.........well sometimes!............I guess that when that pic got taken, I was seriously concentrating!!.............I am discovering real playablility within the slide/mixing/pre-patching of this thing...........it's totlally pre-patched interms of of audio and cross modulation at the same time!..........The VCO's act as LFOs to- and that's voltage controlled lfos! So far- five oscillators happening- two VC LFOs and three Audio/low freq VCOs!.............regarding the Envelopes- one is shown on the filter section on the main pic.......there will be two.......Attack/Decay/Sustain/Switchable Release/Hold controls...also the is a polarity switch that inverts the envelope if required....and the large knob controls just how much envelope sweeps the 4012 style filter!............so I am smiling about things, just in that photo, I look way too serious!!.............Ken:W

Maar wat vinden wij van het design?

M5%20LOWER%20B.jpg

De VCOs aan de rechterkant, dat heeft wel iets! :)

I love the orange color so please keep that :-)
when can we expect it to be buyable?

Origineel geplaatst door JohnnyBusca
Maar wat vinden wij van het design?
De VCOs aan de rechterkant, dat heeft wel iets! :)

Tja dat zijn weer die typische britten altijd alles aan de verkeerde kant :D

Origineel geplaatst door Kevin
Tja dat zijn weer die typische britten altijd alles aan de verkeerde kant :D
Typisch europeanen: Hun kant als goede kant definieren. :D

Hi All! Well that picture shows the lower part of what I'm designing!......above the section comes the filter/s, noise, ring mod, ADSRs, VCA, Voltage Sweep/Swing controls..............regarding the 'orange' look, that's just my liking!.......although ARP used grey and blue frontpanels, the last series, appearance-wise were my favourites!.........I have one dealer in the US asking to by 10 with a 'blue-face'.......................ach! Se what happens!!.............this synth is getting big!!
Regards to you all!.....Ken

Back