Which Mixer?

Nils Schneider

Ingeburgerd
Hello all,

I wanted to ask you if you know a mixer that you can recommend. I need the following:

- Parametric Equalizers per Channel
- 4 Aux Sends or more
- If possible 36 channels or more (can be 18 stereo)

I don't need subgroups, digital, xlr, mics, something that is rock solid. Mixer will only be used in my studio to mix many machines together but they have to be able to be sent to fx machines and eq is very important.

Price range? Hmmm, as cheap as possible.

Any tips?

Nils

I also recommend the MX8000, it's a fine mixer with all things on it what you need.
I bought mine in Germany for 750 Euro second-hand.
Only without Meterbridge, but that one i orded at Thomann.

As far as i know, 32 channels is the maximum number af channels you can get on mixers in the 'affordable' pricerange. So if you really need those 36 channels, the mixer that springs to mind is the Mackie - SR40/8, nice mixer, but at a price, about €12.000. There must be cheaper alternatives (if only i could remember which), but this mixer surely meets your requirements.
But do you really need that many channels? If not, you could consider a patchbay, and connect your equipment depending on the material you're working on. In that case a 32-channel mixer or even a 24-channel mixer will do the job.

Maybe you should look around for a used D&R Dayner.
It's quite a large mixer with up to 40 channels, and you can find them
at 'reasonable' prices these days, last one I saw was about 900 euro's.
And the sound is incredible, I have heard one working.
The EQ is almost comparable to a Mackie 8-bus.
You will have to look around on ebay or so to find one.

Succes.. :)

I can recommend old Allen and Heath tables. There going for reasonable prices these days (750 to 1500).
Mine is a 32 channel cmc32 mkII.

Pro's: - incredible smooth sound
- parametric eq on bass, mid en hi
- low noise floor
- 6 aux busses

Con's: euh.... maybe a little big, whatever...

Great table.

I can tell you that you could regret buying a behringer mixtable.
Maybe for now, it does enough to satisfy you, but I certainly can tell you if you are want to do more things or have more professional purpouses (<-- spel ik dit goed? :P ) I strongly follow the advice of 'Nick Nova'

You can also take a look at the spirit mixers. They're a great value

Origineel geplaatst door bikkel
Waarom gaan we in het Engels praten ineens?

Zie onderschrift van dit lid. Ben er blij mee! Dit moet de uitzondering zijn die bevestigd dat wij het hollandse synthforum zijn.

Greetz,

Yawgmoth

Back