Gandavon - The Art and science of skipping stones (Prog rock)

Tukker

SyntherKloas
Preview van nieuw album, geïnspireerd op ervaringen in Australië. Prog-rock, loops, synths en andere instr. Release op de 18e.

Beste forumgenoten en synth-liefhebbers, daar is hij dan: 'The art and science of skipping stones'.

Part I, II, III Frankston Line, Skipping Stones and Nitronic theme
Part IV Dandenong dusk
Part V, VI Noosa and Alexandria bay theme
Part VII, VIII. IX Montsalvat, East=Odd plus 500 and Nagambie sky theme

This album is inspired by times and atmospheres from my visits to family in Australia.
To me, the country has a dreamy quality to it that is hard to describe.
The culture is familiar enough, but everywhere there are very strange elements that give the impression of having slid into a different dimension. Mundane things like cars, buildings, roads, fences and hedges are recognizable, yet because they are, the way they and the continent itself are different and sometimes plain weird stands out more.
There are many unfamiliar trees, plants, spectacular and often bizarre flowers, weird animals, peculiar (and rather lovely) smells and almost perpetually clement weather. Even the rain was pleasant; cooling but not cold and very welcome. Linguistically, it's fascinating to see the fusion of Koorie (of the Aboriginals, New South Wales) and English language (Australian retains a lot that was lost in British English) in many things. Of course, the enchanting, mythical Koorie art is ubiquitous, which only adds to the otherworldy quality of the place.
I had the good fortune to be able to wander about the hills and the Dandenong area, the Nagambie bush, Noosa national park, but also bewitching Montsalvat and modern, urban Melbourne.
There I spent some unforgettable times with my brother; there was pizza, beer, games and swims in the ocean. Many great memories were made with my dad -who took me flying in his Jodel plane- and other family.

In order to translate it musically I played my usual synths etc. but this time used tons of samples as well; cutting up guitar, flute, electronic piano, mellotron, cello, brass phrases, ethereal voices and drum loops. The result is a work of various meandering themes that refer to a couple of selected places and memories and that flow into one another.

I hope you'll enjoy listening as much as I did making it!

IO Pages heeft er een recensie van geschreven.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1706620830655.jpg
    FB_IMG_1706620830655.jpg
    37,8 KB · Bekeken: 25
  • FB_IMG_1706620840142.jpg
    FB_IMG_1706620840142.jpg
    8,2 KB · Bekeken: 24
Ach, oma was Duits, opa Twent en van andere kant allemaal Londenaars...tja. "Twengelsman" zou ik dan zijn? "Nederbritkraut"? LOL Fijn dat mensen het album waarderen.

Back