Gandavon - Mythlüme

Tukker

SyntherKloas
Een hele korte teaser van een stukje uit één van de vier delen van 'Mythlüme"; mijn volgende release.
Even de releasetekst in het Engels delen:

With 'Mythlüme' I mean that shimmer, that seam of gold that shines in the rough, damp, cold
and misty caverns and rivers of our ancient northern past; the word-tapestry of our history and myth.
Professor Tolkien said it better: “After all, I believe that legends and myths are largely made of ‘truth’,
and indeed present aspects of it that can only be received in this mode; and long ago certain truths
and modes of this kind were discovered and must always reappear.” -Tolkien

GAND cover Mythlume RGB.jpg

Gandavon (William Higgins) will release his second album in November.
'Mythlüme' has been compiled of selected pieces of music from an earlier set
of four recordings, made in 2010 with narration by poet and artist Robert la Boresa, who
reworked medieval Nordic myth to a unique cycle of exciting stories, giving it his own masterful
twist.

"I have long considered making a music album with just the soundscapes and tracks I used for
that story-cycle, and this year I finally set out to do it."

For Mythlüme, the music and sound effects were re-worked, enhanced, lengthened and combined
into four parts to create an album reminiscent of works such as Tubular Bells, Autobahn, Lydglimt
and La Fête Sauvage by the likes of Mike Oldfield, Kraftwerk, Klaus Schönning and the late Vangelis.

"I wanted to make something that sounded fresh, a bit naïve and rather spontaneous. No very sequenced,
neatly quantized, polished and arranged. So, a lot of Mythlüme consists of improvised live recording of
phrases on various synthesizers such as the Yahama VL-1 with breathcontroller for woodwinds, saxophone,
trumpets and hurdy-gurdy/nyckelharpa sounds, Nordlead 2, Korg MS-2000 and Novation K-Station
for analogue-ish warmth, sound effects and arpeggios, some bronze sound bowls, lyra, dulcimer, flute and
various percussion instruments, enhanced by overdubs with software synths and sample-art in computer programs.
As for the music itself, the parts are more like sound-sketches; dreamy musical paintings more than any
consciously directed, coherent and carefully sequenced ideas.
This gives the album unique and adventurous textures that conjure up misty images of long forgotten,
half remembered myths of the cold, northern past.

As Gandavon, I sincerely hope you will enjoy this collection of colourful, meandering
musical images."

Zoals je kan lezen heb ik heel veel verschillende geluidsbronnen gebruikt bij dit werk en is het nogal
kleurrijk kwa klank en stijl.

Foto gebruikt met toestemming van Burminordlicht

Deze teaser belooft veel moois. Ik ben benieuwd hoe je composities in stereo klinken en welke sfeer ze oproepen. Knap trouwens dat je een VL1 ter beschikking hebt. Naast de CS80 is de VL1 één van de meest expressieve synthesizers die tot nu toe op de markt gebracht zijn, naar mijn persoonlijke mening :okdan:

:doei:

*Had. Al mijn gear, muv Korg 05/RW en K-Station, verkocht toen we (kleiner) gingen verhuizen voor een ander project. Helaas.
Jarenlang geen muziek meer gemaakt eigenlijk, maar ja. Bloed kruipt waar het niet gaan kan.

Mythlüme is here!

An epic musical journey!

With 'Mythlüme' I mean that shimmer, that seam of gold that shines in the rough, damp, cold and misty caverns and rivers of our ancient northern past; the word-tapestry of our history and myth.

A lot of 'Mythlüme' consists of improvised live recorded phrases on various synthesizers such as the Yahama VL-1 with breathcontroller for woodwinds, saxophone, trumpets and hurdy-gurdy/nyckelharpa sounds, Nordlead 2, Korg MS-2000 and Novation K-Station for analogue-ish warmth, sound effects and arpeggios and then some bronze sound bowls, lyra, dulcimer, flute and various percussion instruments, enhanced by overdubs with software synths and sample-art in computer programs.

Bandcamp:

Spotify:
Youtube:

(each part has a separate link)

(Kiekje van een gedeelte van mijn setup toen)

#Epic #MusicalJourney #Mythlüme #Gandavon #Nordic #Myth #Atmospheric #Ambient #Electronic #Electrofolk #Folk #NewAge #Synthesizer #Symphonic
IMG_3030.JPG

Recensie van Mythlüme in iO Pages :

"In iO182 besprak ik het (digitale)
album Beauty van Gandavon,
oftewel componist en musicus
William L. Higgins. Deze muziek
is geïnspireerd door het leven en
de muziek van Vangelis. Higgins
maakt al langer muziek; de op-
namen voor Mythlüme dateren
reeds uit 2010. Met Mythlüme
wordt bedoeld de glinstering,