Cubase SX Midi probleempje ?

tja....had zonet nog problemen met het spelen van Midi-apparaatjes en dan tegelijk het modulatiewiel gebruiken....maar dat was snel opgelost,er stond op dat kanaal nog een Emulatie aan....die ff uitgezet en : zo strak als een garnaal....;)

ik heb trouwens een ACPI computer zag ik....neem aan dat dat okee is,hij is zo geconfigureerd door de mensen van Midi Amsterdam,die al tientallen van deze systemen verkocht hebben...

trouwens,voor al die mensen die problemen hebben/krijgen met hun Midi-timing in SX :

http://www.jay.fm/miditime/

en het volgende :
1. Locate your Cubase SX folder, (usually C:\programs\steinberg\cubasesx).

2. Here you will find a folder named 'MIDI Port Enabler'

3. Open this folder.

4.Pick the file "ignoreportfilter" and move it into the Cubase SX / SL application folder (one directory up).

5.Start Cubase SX / SL

6. Now all available MIDI ports provided by the MIDI interface driver will appear in the MIDI device list of Cubase SX / SL.

Please be aware that the MIDI ports now can show up 2 or 3 times in the list. If you're used to manage your MIDI IN by setting "All MIDI Inputs" in the MIDI IN selector, you should go to the Device Setup/All MIDI Inputs and disable the unwanted ports. Otherwise you will record MIDI from multiple ports which results in double MIDI notes.

Origineel geplaatst door D-mike-E

Maar goed... je bovenstaande verhaal is wel zeker welkome informatie... voor mij in ieder geval wel. Ook al denk ik dat daar in de toekomst steeds minder gebruik meer van gemaakt wordt. Net zoals HyperThreading geen taboe meer is.

Vooral die laatste opmerking vind ik heel intressant. Ik heb het namelijk nog niet voor elkaar gekregen een SX2 omgeving soepel te laten draaien met Hyper Threading geactiveerd. Blijkbaar heb jij daar wel goede ervaringen mee. Wat is precies de truck?

Origineel geplaatst door dobbit
Vooral die laatste opmerking vind ik heel intressant. Ik heb het namelijk nog niet voor elkaar gekregen een SX2 omgeving soepel te laten draaien met Hyper Threading geactiveerd. Blijkbaar heb jij daar wel goede ervaringen mee. Wat is precies de truck?

Niks truc... gewoon geïnstalleerd ;)

Hyperthreading Tests

Back in PC Notes August 2003 I explained the ins and outs of Intel's Hyperthreading technology, which lets Xeon and Pentium 4C processors appear to Windows XP Home and Professional or Linux 2.4x as two 'virtual' processors instead of one physical one. They each share the various internal 'sub-units', including the all-important floating-point unit, but can run two separate processing 'threads' simultaneously. I've had HT disabled on my own Pentium 4C 2.8GHz machine until now, partly because I still run Windows 98SE partitions alongside my XP ones. Since 98SE doesn't recognise HT technology it may cause problems to leave it enabled in the BIOS. In addition, as I reported in PC Notes January 2004, GigaStudio 2.53, which I use, won't run with HT enabled either.

I recently had a Dual Xeon PC from Red Submarine to review for SOS. Since this has true multiple processors, I was interested to see how the virtual processors of an HT-enabled machine compared to it. I used my own Pentium 4C 2.8GHz PC, with Hyperthreading enabled, as the test bench and began my tests by running Waves plug-ins, inside Wavelab 4.01a, on this PC. The plug-ins included the Renaissance and Trueverb reverbs, C1 compressor/gate, C4 multiband parametric processor, and Renaissance EQ running six bands. For each one I made measurements with and without Hyperthreading enabled, and apart from experimental error the results were identical.

This confirmed what I had expected. Hyperthreading makes no difference to single apps that are not aware of it, nor those that run a single stereo audio stream rather than multiple audio tracks, each with their own complement of plug-ins or soft synths. (In the latter case multi-processing is more likely to be of benefit). However, you may well notice performance improvements when running several such applications simultaneously.

Next, I ran Steinberg's 'Five Towers' Performance Test, the 'Five Towers' version 2.0 test, which has higher CPU overheads, and Steinberg's Cubase SX 2.0.1 'Heaven And Hell' demo. This provided more interesting results, because SX 2 relies on running multiple 'threads' and has been optimised for HT.

I measured all three songs in 'Stop' (only plug-ins running) and 'Play' (with soft synths as well), at both 23ms latency and 3ms latency, to isolate the effects of interrupt overheads. To explain this a little further, as you drop latency below 23ms CPU overhead rises, simply due to the massive number of interrupts per second. Within the bounds of experimental error, most results for each of the three songs were almost identical, except for the 3ms 'Play' values, which showed a significant improvement of between 10 and 12 percent.

Although these figures aren't as high as some I've seen, they're still not to be sneezed at and they demonstrate that Hyperthreading works best with Cubase SX 2 just where musicians already need a helping hand — running soft synths with low latency.

Cakewalk's Sonar 3.1 also has a new multi-threaded engine that works with Hyperthreading as well as true multi-processor PCs. Cakewalk's Ron Kuper has recently published a 'White Paper' on its performance, and while it provides significant improvements with a true dual-processor PC (see my review of Red Sub's Dual Xeon PC starting on page 90 for more details), it doesn't do so well with Hyperthreading.

Cakewalk themselves measured a six to seven percent improvement on a Pentium 4 3.2GHz HT system when they switched on the new engine, and I measured a similar four to five percent improvement on my own P4 2.8GHz machine. However, after disabling Hyperthreading altogether in the BIOS and measuring Sonar 3.1 overhead again, the results were less than two percent better than those with HT on and Sonar's new engine enabled. So overall Sonar 3.1 doesn't seem to noticeably benefit from HT being enabled.

Unfortunately, there are further stings in the tail. Despite HT having been available since 2002, there are still audio applications that disagree with it, and if you're currently running one of these you won't be able to activate HT in your BIOS until an update appears. As previously mentioned, for me the most serious is GigaStudio, but this should be solved when version 3.0 is released in June.

More seriously, Digidesign state specifically on their web site that HT must be disabled if you're running any of their hardware under Windows XP. I've come across other users who have problems with NI's Kontakt, and Cakewalk have recently posted a warning on their web site that some Pace-protected software can cause a crash or complete lock-up with HT enabled. Antares plugins are specifically mentioned. Waves plug-ins are apparently happy with HT, which fits in with my own experience.

Published: Sound On Sound - June 2004

Origineel geplaatst door Nolet
Uhm...dit staat ook gewoon in de Cubase documentatie die op de originele CD staat.

ja ? ook die reacties van gebruikers erbij ? ;)

Origineel geplaatst door dione
ja ? ook die reacties van gebruikers erbij ? ;)

Nee, die staan er alleen op de illegale kopie bij :duivels:

Nee, die staan er alleen op de illegale kopie bij :duivels:

dat zou kunnen....dat weet jij vast wel...:doei:

Niks truc... gewoon geïnstalleerd ;)

Yep dat zou mooi zijn geweest. Blijkt alleen niet te werken bij Multi processor omgevingen :confused: en krijg het volgende advies van steinberg "If you are running a Xeon HT multi-CPU system, you should disable Hyper-Threading in the BIOS. If you are running a single Pentium 4 CPU system, enabling Hyper-Threading results in an increase of processing power." Probleem dus opgelost. Op mijn Systeem gaat HT helaas (voorlopig) niet werken =(

Yep dat zou mooi zijn geweest. Blijkt alleen niet te werken bij Multi processor omgevingen :confused: en krijg het volgende advies van steinberg "If you are running a Xeon HT multi-CPU system, you should disable Hyper-Threading in the BIOS. If you are running a single Pentium 4 CPU system, enabling Hyper-Threading results in an increase of processing power." Probleem dus opgelost. Op mijn Systeem gaat HT helaas (voorlopig) niet werken =(

Sorry... moet je maar een normaal systeem kopen :D

Origineel geplaatst door dione
dat zou kunnen....dat weet jij vast wel...:doei:

Dat zeg je zeker omdat ik van Hardcore houd hè?! Ben ik zeker weer een crimineel?

Mooi is dat...

Sorry... moet je maar een normaal systeem kopen :D

Helemaal me eens! Maar ja, ik heb hem gekregen van mijn label...dus wat moet je dan??? 8) Bovendien was ik eindelijk eens toe aan een PC met power en dat maakt de Xeon meer dan waar! Als je een profi systeem wilt dan ga je voor een dual xeon!!! Alleen jammer dat SX dat nog niet helemaal goed heeft geimplementeerd maar das vast een kwestie van tijd!

Laatst gewijzigd:
Helemaal me eens! Maar ja, ik heb hem gekregen van mijn label...dus wat moet je dan??? 8) Bovendien was ik eindelijk eens toe aan een PC met power en dat maakt de Xeon meer dan waar! Als je een profi systeem wilt dan ga je voor een dual xeon!!! Alleen jammer dat SX dat nog niet helemaal goed heeft geimplementeerd maar das vast een kwestie van tijd!

Misschien biedt SX3 de oplossing voor je...

(zie gelijknamige thread elders op dit forum)

Back