analoog klinken ?

Het dus om dit stukje tekst op Gearspace, in mijn ogen is het ironisch bedoeld. Iig een geniaal schrijfsel.
Ik kan er echt altijd van genieten dat mensen zich hier überhaupt druk om maken. Want wat maakt het uit?
Hier is de linkie naar de tekst, zo herkenbaar, ik kan er ook allerlei SF leden in herkennen :)

"I tried doing some electronic music using vintage synths and felt like something was wrong after listening the mix."

LOL. I've read a lot of stuff that makes me howl with sadness on this forum, but this has to take the cake.

What was wrong? Here, let me explain. Your ears are what were wrong. You are not used to the sound of real analogue. The harmonic complexity or nonlinearity or variance. You have plugin ears. You listen to techno music, but nothing before 2006. You don't know what waveform a 909's kick drum is. You digitized your brain and fried it with too many algorithms. When I say real analogue, I emphatically don't just mean synths. I don't even mean music gear. I don't even mean music. I mean...well...let's start here.

You don't understand what sound is anymore.

There are two solutions. One, go back to making plugin music, real sounds are not for you. You like what you like, which is mathematical equations in sonic form, the idealized imitation of sound, power over it, but not sound as exists in its own form in the universe as a phenomenon and experience. That's OK, I guess. Nothing wrong with that, apart from having a derivative experience of reality, but hey, you do you.

Two, understand why these synths are still so revered, along with all the rest of classic analogue gear, from, I don't know, a guitar pedal to a mixing console to playing the blues through a tube amp, finger to overdrive. That will require you starting from the beginning, though, and it'll be confusing, strange, hard work, and most of all, you'll have to learn how to listen all over again, from the beginning. To everything. From nature to machine. From the roar of an ocean to the whisper of a midnight.

Sound tough? Think of it as rehab. It's not gonna be easy. If you're lucky, you're just starting, because you have less damage to undo. If you're unlucky, you're like a lot of people on this forum, who think music made in computers listened to on earbuds is somehow a sonic apotheosis, that it rivals, I don't know, standing on a city street, in a forest, under the stars, just listening.

What do you think the stars sound like? Tell me when you can answer that question, and that'll be when you're ready to make music, not just fret over imitations of sonics. For many people, that's "never."

Je bedoelt het medium uiteraard, de output (geluidsgolven uit speakers/headphones) is nooit digitaal ;-)

Inderdaad, ik veralgemeende dan ook helemaal niets.
De drager inderdaad! Output in de zin van tot waar de kwaliteit van het signaal bepaald wordt door de maker ;)

oooh shit....ik heb alleen maar Ghetto cheap analog....
is dat wellicht de reden dat mijn muziek niet goed klinkt?
of moet ik juist mijn 2 akkoorden progressie 4 maanden mixen om het beter te krijgen?

Tenzij je hiphop maakt. Dan is ghetto cheap juist goed. Totdat je genoeg verdiend hebt voor een gouden Moog (en gouden tanden).

oooh shit....ik heb alleen maar Ghetto cheap analog....
is dat wellicht de reden dat mijn muziek niet goed klinkt?
of moet ik juist mijn 2 akkoorden progressie 4 maanden mixen om het beter te krijgen?
Ik heb ergens n kort filmpje van een gnat op yt staan. Cheap analog. Heeeeeerlijk

Ik heb ergens n kort filmpje van een gnat op yt staan. Cheap analog. Heeeeeerlijk
Klinkt goed idd.

Ik heb ook 4 behringer Wasps in bestelling staan.

De Volca Modular is ook echt vet cheap analog.

Back