Sonic Core Xite-1

EG Punch

EG Punch

Door het laatste aanbod van SC met de John Bowen synths kwam ik bij de specs van de Solaris. Deze lezend zag ik deze envelope trick. Deze had ik al eens voor de NMG2 bedacht en nu gepatched voor de Modular IV. Dit kun je natuurlijk ook op andere modulaire synths toepassen.
EG Punch
De eerste is met een Swith tussen de EG output en de EG-RM output.
In de 2de gaat de audio EG-VCA uit, maar met de filtermodulatie kan je dus kiezen.

Attachments

• Roland_Kuit_EG_Punch.jpg
    Roland_Kuit_EG_Punch.jpg
    32,3 KB · Bekeken: 109
  • Roland_Kuit_EG_Filter_Punch.jpg
    Roland_Kuit_EG_Filter_Punch.jpg
    41,1 KB · Bekeken: 106
Klinkt geweldig Roland,
Vele werken van jou stralen uit als
de start voor het hervormen van de
essentie van het synth gebeuren.:engel:
Groet,

Vele werken van jou stralen uit als de start voor het hervormen van de essentie van het synth gebeuren.

Het is over het algemeen onderzoek wat ik doe. En omdat dat zo leuk is en veel tijd in beslag neemt weinig kunnen componeren.
Maar de laatste tijd was hier meer tijd voor, "form follows function".
Nu bezig met onderzoek ruimte, klank-voor bij Piet Mondriaans abstract gedachtegoed. Dus een nieuw werk aan het maken:
November 15, 2013
Mondriaanhuis
monads and beyond concert
Roland Kuit: Sonic Core Xite-1 / Modular IV
Karin Schomaker: photography / visuals

Kortegracht 11, Amersfoort, the Netherlands

op een ander forum schreef ik:

I don't make sounds/composition for a specific Piet Mondrian Painting.
I like his deconstruction of reality and want to deconstruct it further, like Karin will do with the visuals.
By PM's deconstruction, reality is Macro exposed. You could name him the Godfather of pixels
icon_wink.gif

I see his rhythm, but not as a 4 to the floor beat. More as a time-grid.
(I'm talking about his later abstract paintings.)
All his colours, will be represented by........Noise!
In the patch I've build 4 fractal noise engines and as a tribute to Karel Goeyveart,
every engine will be converted to additive synthesis.
With this process, a enormous amount of nuances can be created.
After this, the sound has to be pixelated. I used Granular FB for this.
This is just one line of thoughts in this matter.

En dat ging over het volgende:
https://soundcloud.com/roland-kuit/crossings-for-pm

Attachments

• Roland_Kuit_Piet_Mondrian.jpg
    Roland_Kuit_Piet_Mondrian.jpg
    16,2 KB · Bekeken: 137
Laatst gewijzigd:
Het is over het algemeen onderzoek wat ik doe. En omdat dat zo leuk is en veel tijd in beslag neemt weinig kunnen componeren.
Maar de laatste tijd was hier meer tijd voor, "form follows function".
Nu bezig met onderzoek ruimte, klank-voor bij Piet Mondriaans abstract gedachtegoed. Dus een nieuw werk aan het maken:
November 15, 2013
Mondriaanhuis
monads and beyond concert
Roland Kuit: Sonic Core Xite-1 / Modular IV
Karin Schomaker: photography / visuals

Kortegracht 11, Amersfoort, the Netherlands

op een ander forum schreef ik:

I don't make sounds/composition for a specific Piet Mondrian Painting.
I like his deconstruction of reality and want to deconstruct it further, like Karin will do with the visuals.
By PM's deconstruction, reality is Macro exposed. You could name him the Godfather of pixels
icon_wink.gif

I see his rhythm, but not as a 4 to the floor beat. More as a time-grid.
(I'm talking about his later abstract paintings.)
All his colours, will be represented by........Noise!
In the patch I've build 4 fractal noise engines and as a tribute to Karel Goeyveart,
every engine will be converted to additive synthesis.
With this process, a enormous amount of nuances can be created.
After this, the sound has to be pixelated. I used Granular FB for this.
This is just one line of thoughts in this matter.

En dat ging over het volgende:
https://soundcloud.com/roland-kuit/crossings-for-pm
Klinkt weer fascinerend Roland.
Het deed me een beetje denken aan het idee van Kraftwerk - Autobahn,
maar dit is zonder twijfel een stap verder.
Het lijkt mij ook haast niet anders dat onderzoek aan de orde is voor
het hervormen van het essentiele synthgebeuren.
Groet,

Dat is alvast een mooie collectie samples, ik kan niet wachten om hier eens goed voor te zitten :okdan:

The painter Piet Mondriaan (1872-1944) who, based from his ideas about so called neo-plasticism, started to build a connection with music on the one hand.
"Et quant au moyen de production du son, il sera préférable d'employer l'électricité, le magnétisme, la mécanique, car ils excluent mieux l'immixtion de l'individuel." This is what Piet Mondriaan said in his essay Le Néo-Plasticism (De Nieuwe Beelding) which was published as a brochure in late 1920 by the L'Effort Moderne in Paris. This essay was dedicated to the 'hommes futurs' — future mankind. In this essay, Mondriaan, based on an analogy with a new plastic art (painting), tries to define a new kind of music the sounds of which should ideally be produced by electric, magnetic, and mechanic (i.e. automatic) devices to avoid undesirable alterations based on individual, subjective and interpretational preference.
Mondriaan advocates a kind of music bereft of any kind of personal feelings, depth, warmth, and empathy and whose sound no longer presents the 'roundness', 'swells', 'reverberation', or other typically instrumental characteristics of a romantic idiom. The sounds should rely on a few basic
tones and not be structured harmonically but rather as unbreakable units. They should be experienced as coups' — pulses. No melody, but quick sequences of primary- tones and so-called non-tones. Mondriaan imagines tone fields that are enclosed by three tones: a 'red' one, a 'yellow' one, and a 'blue' one. Based on a concept of confrontation, these fields are counterbalanced by non-tonal fields whose corners are based on a-chromatic, atonal, noises, 'black', 'grey', and 'white'. These six tones have an immediate attack and no release. Together, they constitute compositions of contrasting 'coups' (hits) whose rhythm is open and free. Mondriaan believes chat these tones or sounds need to be generated by electric devices or newly developed musical instruments; it is of prime importance, however, that they be 'fixed' unequivocally in a yet unknown way. In his text about Neo-Plasticism, he therefore talks about soulless things, such as 'l'électricité and "magnetisme' of which he later(in late 1921) said that they were ideally suited for generating tones whose 'wavelength and oscillation' remain constant for their entire duration. He also demands that those new musical instruments, whether or not they are fitted with 'électricité' and 'magnétisme', be capable of instantly switching off a tone, without 'reverberating noises' or the like. These are precisely the criteria that can be met a lot better by electric sounds than instrumental sounds. Electric tones indeed have no body, they do not linger on, and they go off in the same way as when you switch off a light bulb. They never lire and are by definition tight and stationary.(Dick Raaijmakers)

Neo Plastiek Test I:
http://snd.sc/1gf2wx3

Dit in het kader van het concert Monads and beyond wat ik op 15 November, 2013 in het Mondriaanhuis, Amersfoort ga geven. Samen met Karin Schomaker: visuals.
Reserveren verplicht.

Laatst gewijzigd:
Ben bezig Core Lab te maken.
Dat betekend experimenten en een boek.
Hier dus een klein begin:
http://snd.sc/1g58h07
Klinkt geweldig, Roland,
Betreffende de mogelijkheden haal jij weer het onderste
uit de kan, zoals gewoonlijk, zou ik wel bijna kunnen
zeggen.
Mede ik ben benieuwd naar concert zender.
Een bevredigende uitstraling in dit vak staat vrijwel altijd
parallel met goede bedoelingen.
Groet,

Door uitleg was ik de vorige keer veel aan het word. Nu minder uitleg, meer luistermateriaal in de uitzending.

Ik begin steeds dichter bij het klankconcept voor Piet Mondriaan te komen.
Vannacht klonk de patch door andere algoritmes te gebruiken bijna als muziek van GM Koenig's "functions".
Deze opname is van daarvoor, Dolby surround:
https://soundcloud.com/roland-kuit/neo-plastiek-ii-for-piet

Nu nog 1 maand om het stuk te maken.

Piet Mondriaan:
Art has to be forgotten, beauty must be realized.
Groet,

Nog wat extra sounds van de Flexor?
Groet,

Back