1) The Chained Rhythm
2) When All Is Left
3) They Knew What Was Coming
4) What If (Loop)

Release date : 22/09/2009 worldwide
Mastering by Equus (Pieter De Wagter)
Distribution by EPM Distribution

Info :
Orbis Records is probably one of those underground labels Belgium never had until now.
The label will provide dark, deep and stripped down hypnotic techno music as wide as the box can get.

'Thinking outside the box is our priority' is possibly the most used sentence when it comes to label descriptions but we have no limits. Our priority is bringing deep, hypnotic and stripped down music that will please the partygoer as well as the record collector.

Our first release contains four tracks, created by Mr. Mau, that you can let loose on a crowd late at night.

Mr. Mau (Dries Bultynck) is a Belgian producer who knows what he wants. He has been playing his part in the Belgian underground techno scene a long time now and remains one of the few deejays that is still loyal to his sound: Dark, deep and hypnotic with a personal touch. His mission is to constantly innovate himself, his deejay sets as well as his releases... and that will show in this release. Those that know his work on both Forteana and Labrynth Records, will get another release true to his sound. Familiar but again, different.

“The Chained Rythm” is a pure dancefloor corker. Dark and straightforward.

“When All Is Left” drags you into a higher state of consciousness and knocks you out of your rhythm at the right moment making you forget what planet you were from.

“They Knew What Was Coming” is the most experimental track of the release. A hypnotic melody combined with an offbeat rhythm accompanied by a deep bassline make the big picture a breathtaking track.

At last we have a very handy loop that you just have to try out: “What If”

Links :
www.orbisrecords.be
www.myspace.com/orbisrecords.be
http://soundcloud.com/orbisrecords
www.mrmau.be
www.myspace.com/mr.mau

Pacou (GER - Cache Records, Tresor)
Good tracks! Will play "Chained Rhythm" !

Phase (UK - Token Records, Inceptive Records)
Thanks for this. Nice stuff. Been playing "The Chained Rhythm" mostly.

Jeroen Search (NL - Cache Records, Smallville Records)
"The Chained Rhythm" and "When All Is Left" are my favourites.

Michaelangelo (PT - Labrynth Records)
"The Chained Rhythm is my favorite. It has some nice crescendos throughout the music. Good solid track that i will definitely play in my sets."

Maxi Cuenca (PL - Soleil Records)
I think 'the chained rhythm' is my favourite. I like the job overall, sounds raw/analogue enough and is solid builded to desereve been called good techno! so cheers, is a really good job. The loop sounds intresting as well as the other tracks, but as said before. I like it all.

Karl Beany (UK)
Many thanks for the promo CD, excellent stuff- I really like it especially the tracks "The Chained Rhythm" and "When all is left" but they are all great. A very good debut release. Congratulations to you for not only getting off your ass and doing a label but doing it with quality music, i wish you every success- my full support.

Tomaz (BE - Switch Stu Bru Belgian National Radio)
Great trippy techno, will play.

Kr!z (BE - Token Records)
Cool release. Would buy it if it came out on vinyl. A little bit too deep for my sets but this is definitely what a Mills or a Hood would play.

Franco Cangelli (BE - Mowar)
"Loving the drugged out sensation of 'They Knew what was coming'. Nice build-up! 'When all is left' is great too. Hypno all the way!"

Roebin de Freitas / Kemiko Surimi (BE - Curle Records, Miniature Records)
"Mr. Mau brings us some hypnotic techno reminescent of what people like Damon Wild, DJ Missile and Innigo Kennedy were making around the turn of the century. These are throbbing and moody cycles you can launch onto a crowd deep in the night. Besides the very useful 'what if' loop, you can find a deep excursion into rhytmn explorations (They knew what was coming)
and an absolute dance floor corker (The chained rhytmn). Top notch material!"

Evad Streaklov (BE - Memento Mori)
"Very strong debut release. I hear some Planetary Assault Systems influences and that's never a bad thing. 4 techno tracks full of energy. My favourite one is ""The Chained Rhythm"". Dark and hypnotizing, the way I like it. Dungeon material. Will play!"

Want to spill some words ?
Pls post your feedback to feedback(at)orbisrecords(dot)be

Back