[MacBeth] M5, een semi-modulaire M3x en de Moroco

Ken heeft nog een paar m3x behuizingen gevonden.
En gaat een laatste run voor de laatste m3x-en doen.

The M3Xs that I'm talking about here have been a bit of an overhaul! Essentially, the oscillators are the same electronically. The mixer/filter/vca and EGs have been redesigned electronically. Many saw the M3X oscillators are gutsy/ballsy- raw even! This remains the same. The only difference between the 'older' oscillators and the new ones are the retro-step of using 1/2 watt 5% tolerance carbon resistors rather than 1/4 watt 5%/1% tolerance carbon resistors I used before. I think this adds to the beef. I have already implemented this in the modular prototypes I've been working on- so I know the sound.
The transistor ladder filter in the previous M3Xs was a transistor/ IC op-amp arrangement- this worked very well indeed as did the OTA based VCA- so why change? I have always wondered exactly what the difference would to retro-step backwards down to the basic all tranbsistor design. And this is not IC style transistor arrays that I mean here. It is time consuming, but I feel, worth the effort to match the ladder transistors and differential amp transistors, just like they (are said to have) did in the 'old days'. The results that I've had are fantastic! :hihi: Warm and full bodied character is what has come back at me. I like the sound of this mixture of transistor filter and transistor vca- that I decided- well why not?! As said- I have a bunch of cases- so I'm going to use them. These cases have the odd mark here and there, but nothing that jumps out at you.
Regarding the envelope generators. After the Sound On Sound review of the M3X, the author pointed out that the envelopes on were maybe not the snappiest. Nice! That seemed to stick with people- to most folk I know that actually use the M3X- no one has pointed this out to me.......well there you go! :roll: Anyway- to nail that one- I took what is essentially the envelopes that I use in the M5/N which are very tight, very snappy! mostly transistor based, knocked out the 2 op-amps and replaced with discrete circuits to get once again- very tight envelopes! :mrgreen:
These M3Xs will be available pretty shortly- I'm finalizing the PCBs just now and when I've done that- I'll take orders.

Bron: http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3871&start=15

Altijd interessant.... ben benieuwd in hoeverre deze anders klinkt / voelt dan de oude versie. Ik vond de M3X echt een fijne synth en had ergens wel spijt dat ik hem heb weggedaan. Die M3X2 (als ik het goed heb) leek me ook wel interessant met z'n aparte ins en outs aan de voorkant voor de oscillators en het filter; jammer dat deze niet is doorontwikkeld. Met die X-factor heb ik niet zoveel.

En ik kwam ook nog een plaatje tegen van een aparte 2 osc. module - ben ik nog niet eerder tegengekomen. Geen idee of dit ook echt gaat verschijnen.

Attachments

• l_93bb4a31d1a24b1e959a566721d3ca76.jpg
    l_93bb4a31d1a24b1e959a566721d3ca76.jpg
    70,1 KB · Bekeken: 42
Er komen binnenkort 5U formaat Macbeth modules.

hey guys! In response to those who seek to get an M3X- I will shortly announce some developments that way on the macbeth website. What I can tell you is that I personally love the M3X just a a self contained power-house. I have been working on the last M5Ns but during that I have also been working on dotcom/5U rack stuff that has got me all excited. (I have a 6 space dual oscillator coming out, a 6 space all transistor ladder filter with all transistor differential amps for 6dB/OCT, 12dB/OCT, 24dB/OCT as well as band pass responses + all transistor dual VCA + all transistor EGS)
It occured to me that I have 10 M3X cases that for one reason or another- never got used. I'm now going to put this stuff into special versions of the M3X, which I'm really looking fwd to getting out there... :razz:
...interested parties can contact me through the website contact page or via this email address: macbethsynths@hotmail.co.uk

Price shall be £1500.00GBP

Back