Extreem zeldzame synthesizers

Synthurion

Ouwe rot
Ik vroeg me af of hier ook mensen zijn die echt extreem zeldzame synthesizers in bezit hebben of hebben gehad, ik bedoel dan niet zozeer EMS Synthi's of MiniMoogs want daar zijn er best veel van in omloop maar echt zaken waar slechts enkelen van gemaakt zijn, RMI en dat soort merken.

Wellicht dat er hier ooit al eens een topic over gedraaid heeft?

In elke geval om de spits af te bijten: ooit had ik een DGS Scorpion in bezit en een Firstman SQ10

Ik ben benieuwd wat er nog meer zoal in omloop is in Nederland en wellicht zelfs synths die niemand kent of amper kent.

ooit had ik een DGS Scorpion in bezit....
In deze draad staat meer info over de DGS Scorpion....
Van Omiel heb ik in 2009 een E-Pro minisynth overgenomen...
Dat was de opvolger van de Scorpion, wel in een nieuw jasje en onder een andere bedrijfsnaam...
Een paar jaar geleden vond een SF-lid een minisynth voor eur.25 op de zwarte markt in Beverwijk...
Een ander is via een ruilwinkel voor weinig uit de vergetelheid gehaald...
Vorig jaar is 1 via MP verkocht voor eur.700....
De Minisynth is een leuke maar beperkte CEM-bak :okdan:

Oberheim heeft de Scorpion, Minisynth en Spider (dat is de meest uitgebreide van de 3)...

Van de Tidal Quad Modular, toevallig ook Nederlands, zijn er ook niet veel gemaakt...
Uit een andere draad begreep ik dat via www.synthshop.nl nog enkele zijn te bestellen....

Laatst gewijzigd:
solinastringsynthesizer ?

Siel Kiwi kom ik ook nergens tegen, al jaren niet..,

En ik wil er een..:(

Siel Kiwi kom ik ook nergens tegen, al jaren niet..,

En ik wil er een..:(

Hij is er wel in een blauw design.. de Opera 6, en een DK600... klinken nagenoeg hetzelfde.

Ehm.. wel bekend maar heel zeldzaam. De PS3300, polyfone modulaire synth.. slechts 50 van gemaakt.

Hieronder de PS 3200

tja wat heb je aan iets wat toch niet te krijgen is? :?

tja wat heb je aan iets wat toch niet te krijgen is? :?

maakt toch niet uit of iets zeldzaam is als het goed klinkt klinkt het goed. je moet er wel wat mee kunnen anders moet je het weer verkopen.

Van de week zapte ik langs Pawn Stars, daar had 1 van die gasten wel een goede uitspraak.. Ik parafraseer: "Je kunt wel iets hebben waar maar een stuk of 15 exemplaren van gemaakt zijn maar het is waarschjnlijker dat het een waardeloos, niet gewild, item is dan een zeldzame collectible"

Vond dit behoorlijk goed van toepassing op mijn zeldzame synth (waar inderdaad maar 15 exemplaren van gemaakt zijn): de Ventury.

Nou lijkt het of ik het een waardeloos ding vind maar dat is het zeker niet. Voor bepaalde toepassingen zeker bruikbaar en soms zelfs verassend goed uit de hoek komend Hij was echter in de tijd dattie uitkwam gewoon te duur voor z'n mogelijkheden.

Up for grabs is an extremely rare collection of Driscoll Modular panels. Driscoll modules are largely based on Serge designs although there are some significant differences! These were produced in 1979 and I purchased them a few years ago from a guy in Sydney, Australia. The chassis' they came in read "Conservatorium of Music Electronic Music Studio" on the side so I believe they lived at a university there for most of the first part of their lives. When I received them they were ~50% functional and I have restored them to full functionality over the past few years. I'm only aware of 3 other people that have any Driscoll, and this is the largest collection of them so this is your chance to own the most Driscoll in the world!

The panels contain modules as follows:
Panel 1 (voice) $3300
2x VCO 1
1x EG1
1x Dual VCA
2x VCFQ
1x Dual Mixer

Panel 2 (voice) $3300
1x VCO 1
1x VCEG
1x ASR
1x TWS (triple waveshaper)
1x Dual VCA
1x VCFQ
1x Dual Mixer

Panel 3 (drums) $3100
1x CV Proc
2x 32 Stage Sequencer
3x VCF 1 (VCFQ)
1x Dual Mixer
1x Interface

Panel 4 (CV) $3000
2x VCEG
1x RVG
1x ASR
2x 32 Stage Sequencer
1x CV Proc

Panel 5 (mixer/stereo/quad output stage) $3200
1x Dual Slope
2x Dual Mixer
2x VC 4 channel stereo mixer/panner

This panel is set up really nicely to do a quad output stage with one VC mixer for front/back and the other for left/right and the DSG providing 2 CV sources to make things swirl!
1st2panels.jpg

2nd2panels.jpg

panel3.jpg

As you can see in the pictures, all the banana jacks are uninsulated (soldered to the rear of the front panel) so they are super playable! Just touch the tip of the banana cable to the jack edge and the connection is made.

These panels use the full 17 inches of panel space for the modules, so the function density is higher than Serge panels, especially M-odules.

Some notes on the modules…
The Oscillators are like the NTO but with some really nice additional features. It has a pulse wave output with manual and CV control over pulse width, sync input, and a hi/low switch to move between LFO and audio ranges. These are probably less stable than an NTO but I've found they get pretty stable after some time to warm up.

The Voltage Controlled Envelope Generators have CV inputs for each stage like the Serge ADSR, but the Driscoll also has gain control over each CV input. There is no slope toggle on the Driscoll, but there is a cycle jack that outputs a pulse at the end of the envelope which you can patch back into the trig input to get LFO type behavior.

The 32 Stage Sequencer is something that is unique to the Driscoll system. It is a bidirectional 1 input to 32 output or 32 input to 1 output analog switch with clock and reset inputs to drive the switching. There is also a toggle switch to put 5 volts at the input stage. These are great for switching between signal sources, routing triggers to different destinations, or break the "don't stack on inputs" rule and patch different points on them to the inputs on a VCF 1 to get sequenced drums with high resolution on the timing.

The VCA's have both DC and an AC inputs so it can be a simple mixer too.
The ASR is much like the Serge ASR, but it has 4 stages over the 3 on the Serge ASR but with no gain control on the input signal.

The RVG contains a comparator, sample and hold, white noise, pink noise, low frequency noise, and a glide circuit. The sample and hold is a bit different than other S&H's I've used. This one holds while the clock input is high, but lets the input signal pass freely while the clock is low. This makes for a lot of fun while modulating the PWM on the clock signal! Also, I think the comparator hi/low state is inverted compared to the Serge comparator.

And and audio demo of the Oscillators as bass:
http://www.fabrique.jp/~ab/driscoll_bass_example.mp3

PSU is +/-15v, +5v
CV is 0-5v
Oscillators are +/- 2.5v

Unlike Serge systems, each module has it's own panel so you can rearrange the system at will. I've prepared some power distro boards for each panel so each module has it's own connector to the distro board. No serial wiring like Serge. There is room on each distro board for several more connectors, one of which I can set up for the type of connector used on your existing power supply (if you have one). I could also set up a regulator for the 5v rail if your supply is only +/-15v.

Each front panel is actually a single sided PCB with front panel graphics silkscreened on one side, and traces on the other. Circuit boards are mounted in card slots that are soldered to the rear of the front panel. All panel mount components are soldered to the panel which mean no flying wires to the panel, very clean and lightweight design. Almost all the IC's on the boards are socketed so repairs are much faster and easier. Here are some pics of the backside of a module: Guts 1 Guts 2 Guts 3

The boxes they come in have rack ears but are slightly larger (.1 inches) than 4 rack spaces so they don't fit in a rack without a little space between them. There are other case options that I can discuss with buyers considering multiple panels.

I am keeping 2 panels of modules as they are just too cool to let them all go, but I am selling these because I actually have 7 panels worth of modules which is simply more than I need. I also need to fund some life changes

EMS Synthi 100, Simmons SD3, Pollard Syndrum 477 & 478

EMS Synthi 100, Simmons SD3, Pollard Syndrum 477 & 478

emssynthi100bro.jpg

synthi100.gif

The same technology as the VCS3, but built into a very large console patched with two 60 x 60 matrix boards, one for the signals and one for control voltages.
Module complement:

12 x Voltage Controlled Oscillator.
2 x Noise Generator.
3 x Ring Modulator.
4 x Voltage Controlled Low Pass Filter.
4 x Voltage Controlled High Pass Filter.
3 x Trapezoid Envelope Generator.
2 x Voltage Controlled Reverberation.
Octave Filter Bank.
Slew Limiter.
Envelope Follower.
Pitch to Voltage Converter.
8 x Input amplifiers.
8 x Stereo Output amplifiers.
2 x Joysticks.
2 x 5 octave Dynamic Keyboards.
256 step digital sequencer.
Oscilloscope.
Frequency meter/counter.
<40 built. Sold mainly to Universities and radio stations, the most famous and overworked model belonged to the BBC Radiophonic Workshop and was the main synthesizer used throughout the 70s. Listen to their special showcase program "The Space Between", the original Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy radio series or any John Pertwee vintage Dr. Who episodes

Simmons SDS3:
sds3_top.jpg

With only 100-200 units built around 1980, the SDS3 is one of the most sought-after drum synths.

Pollard Syndrum 477 & 478:
quad477.JPG

quad478.jpg

Aantal ?!?!?!?

Vergelijkbare discussies

Back