MC-505 vs MC-307 + patches

djdingo

Nieuwkomer
Hello,

I have a MC-505 Groovebox and I would like to know the differencies between the 505 and the 307 concerning sounds and presets.

What are the sounds in the 307 that the 505 doesn't have?

Are there more leads on the 307?

Are the 8 Meg ROM extra inside the 307 worth buying one of them instead of the 505?

By the way, are there people here who can post their best trance leads patches and TB-303 acheived sounds for the MC-505? (sysex format)

Thanks.

Dj Dingo

hey dingo, I own a MC-307, but I haven't had the chance to play with a MC-505 for longer than 10 minutes. But from what I know, it does in fact have a bunch more sounds, and a bigger bunch more drumsounds.

What are the differencies between banksets A,B and E,F in the 307 (for pads and leads)

I know that the MC-505 doesn't have the E and F banksets and I'd like to know how those presets sounds compared to the A and B presets.

Thanks

Dj Dingo

I'm not with my gear/manuals now, but when I get back there (in the weekend that is) I could scan in the part of the manual that lists all the preset patches, if you want me to?

Thanks Pjotr !

But I know the name of the presets of the 307. I just want to know how they sound.

Dj D.

well....I can't sample all the presets that would be a bit too much trouble. But I think if you get down to some heavy duty patch editing on the 505 you should come a long way concerning everything except drums?

[edit] and you would lose separate outs....do those couple of extra sounds justify the change? get a JV module ;) [/edit]

Back