CATstick op ebay.

JohnnyBusca

rocket scientist
The Octave CATSTICK controller is a modulation controller for synths with cv inputs. It has two LFO's, four VCA's, a noise source and a spring loaded X/Y joystick. It also has sixteen sockets on the back which give access to the VCA's and cv outs. The LFO's have separately switchable sine, pulse and square waves available with frequency controls and rate led's. There are sensitivity controls for each VCA and each cv, and +/- switching for the cv's. It makes an excellent modulation controller and you could even use it as a quad/stereo panning device. The Catstick was an accessory for Octave synths, but the ad says,"If you own a Minimoog, Cat, Kitten, Odyssey, 2600, Modular System or any other synthesizer with voltage inputs, you can use a Catstick". There is no mention that it can only be used with synths with 1V/Oct scaling, so there really should be no problem using it with many different setups.
This catstick is in perfect working condition, but there are some flaws with the casing. The tip of the slider knob has broken off on one of the "up/off/down" and wave choosing sliders, but I have used this for years and have had no problem sticking my finger right in there and moving it around. Also, the casing has a few scratches and dings and the power cable has been sliced and extended to be much longer. As you can read below this is a pretty rare piece of vintage synthesizer history and I have not seen one being sold on ebay in a very long time. Buyer to pay $15 shipping in US, $30 worldwide plus insurance. Not responsible for shipping loss or damage. I accept money orders and paypal only, no personal checks. GOOD LUCK!

"Interestingly, an expander was also available for the Octave CAT. A relatively rare device called the CATStick allowed CV data to be manipulated via the joystick, and thus control the synth modulation. Although I was personally given the opportunity to purchase one, I reluctantly declined simply due to its price - a decision I later regretted. The use of CATStick allows for EMS VCS3 style effects; implementing a further 2 LFO’s with 3 selectable waveforms, and the ability to have external inputs on any of the joysticks X/Y planes." -- bluesynths.com

"CATSTICK - Modulation, that's what synthesizers are all about. It's "modulation" that gives dynamics to your synthesizer performances. Bending a note, adding growl, vibrato, trills, that's all modulation. Up until now, you relied on sliders, knobs, rib bons, wheels and pedals to vary your modulation expression. Each device needed a hand (or foot) to control each modulation depth. One hand for vibrato, one for filter sweep, another to bend notes. Sometimes you'd end up with more modulation needs than your hands or feet could handle! The new CATSTICK synthesizer controller frees your creativity by letting you control 4 different modulation depths with ONE HAND! Utilizing a convenient "return-to-zero" spring-loaded joystick, two internal LFO's four internal VCA's and internal voltage processors, the CATSTICK allows you to obtain a different type of modulation for each of the four joystick direc tions; forward, backward, left and right. These directions, labeled Y1(forwardY), Y2(backwardY, X1 (left x) and X2 (right x), each have separate VCA and Control Voltage sections (see panel) so that each direction of joystick movement can have its own particular modulation setting. And, the versatile output patching system provides you with independent control voltages, mixed control voltages and in dependent VCA operation for use with any patchable synthesizer." -synthony.com

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38071&item=7330339488&rd=1

Attachments

• catstick.jpg
    catstick.jpg
    60,7 KB · Bekeken: 130
tjeee...

tjeee...

Wat een plaatje.........................:{

Nou Mono waar wacht je op?
Mooie aanwinst in de collectie toch?:D

Vinnut ook wel iets voor Catscan. ;)

Wel jammer dat die 2 orginele selectorknopjes kapot zijn.

Re: tjeee...

Re: tjeee...

Origineel geplaatst door MindBleep
Wat een plaatje.........................:{

Nou Mono waar wacht je op?
Mooie aanwinst in de collectie toch?:D

Ik koop wel een keer een Wiard versie en dan meteen in een serge panel met bananen.

looking good !!!!

zal toch nog eens aan mijn eigen diy joystick projectje moeten beginnen...

Back