Gandavon - Optica

Tukker

SyntherKloas
Klorte teaser van 'Optica'. Bezig met afmixen.

Heel wat anders dan wat ik tot nu toe heb uitgebracht. Nogal recht-door-zee, beetje trance-achtige ideeën...wat Tangerine, Kitaro en Jarre.

Ik heb er een gedicht bij, zoals ik er telkens zoiets bij doe. Vat de gedachte achter het album mooi samen.
IMG_20230304_142522_543.jpg

Optica

For Optica, I went for a more sequenced and tightly structured approach.
There are many elements that refer to my earliest forays in the late 80's, early 90's into music making on my stepdad's Farfisa organ with analogue synth and accompaniment box.
There are the early drumbox type rhythms, automatic accompaniment sequences, arpeggio's and lots of silky analogue-style strings. On this album I tried to fuse the grandiose taperstries and soaring melodies of "trance" and the typical 70's/80's symphonic synthesizer music without too much abstract experimentalism.

With the title, which refers to the discipline of physics that studies the behaviour and properties of light, I mean to draw attention to doing just that, but in a more spiritual sense. It's all too easy these days to immerse or even drown oneself in negative news and dark trains of thought. It is so easy to slip and fall into a frozen state of fright or inactivity, scrolling and scrolling...and all the while the sun is still shining, stars are still blazing and amazing phenomena of light are all around us, often very little acts of good and kindness that almost fall into nothingness against all the dark.
So, I hope you will enjoy the journey and rage, rage with me against the dying of the light,

"And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
-Dylan Thomas

Spotify:
Youtube: Bandcamp volgt nog.

(H)eerlijke muziek, Tukker. Zoals eerder gezegd, gaat dit terug naar de roots van de elektronische muziek. Invloeden van Vangelis en Jarre vermengd met je eigen stijl brengen meticuleus verzorgde tracks voort. Muzikaal boeiend om naar te luisteren en zeer verzorgd geproduceerd :okdan: :halleluja.

Jammer dat dit soort muziek minder en minder aandacht op dit Forum krijgt.

:doei:

Danny

Dank je, Danny. Misschien is het omdat het wat retro is? Ik, jij wellicht ook, zijn niet klaar met symfonische, melodische synth muziek á la onze voorbeelden uit 70's en 80's, maar de meesten hier houden van experimentale werken. Ik zit wel te broeden om de ideeën zoals op "Tokyo Transit" weer eens opnieuw uit te werken met mijn huidige setup. Dat is weer heel wat anders en misschien meer naar de moderne smaak...

Back