Gandavon - Tokyo Transit

Tukker

SyntherKloas
Re-release; geremixed, tracks toegevoegd.

Op Spotify, Youtube en andere streamingdiensten. Bandcamp volgt nog.

IMG_20230104_191335_070.jpg

Dit is een heel ander verhaal dan ´Beauty´ maar daarom niet minder. Je schetst een boeiend muzikaal verhaal van het heen en weer geloop in een drukke stad met de nodige rustpunten.

Netjes en haarzuiver geproduceerd. Knap gedaan :okdan:

Nee, dit was idd niet eventjes werk. Dank jullie voor jullie reacties. Zoals gebruikelijk heb ik hier ook weer iets over geschreven:

This album was inspired by photos of architecture in Tokyo, most of them shot by British photographer Keith Collie.
From my days as an art student, I retained an eye for the curious and artistic modern. Modern art is not so much hindered by considerations of 'beauty' and indeed, I don't think the architecture that inspired Tokyo Transit is. Perhaps I would not say that about the album itself either, since it centers on how fleeting even something as hard, solid and concrete as a city can seem to us, who are soft and passing all the time; from left to right, going places...from yesterday to today and then to tomorrow, into the future. Indeed, the city itself changes continuously too. There is an ongoing conversation between wants and needs of human beings and the being of the city itself. That is why the theme ís beauty....but of this transitory nature; not the idea perse. Not this time.

秋風に
構造物間の交通音
束の間の会話

In the autumn breeze
Sound of traffic between structures
Short-lived conversation

I tried to write a haiku as best as I could, to sketch the atmosphere in the photos of modern architecture in Tokyo that inspired this album.
They reminded me of a bit of dialogue from the anime movie "Patlabor":

"But how strange this city is...
As I traced his path I started to feel as though time were leaving me behind...

What you think of as a familiar sight starts to rot away here and there; you look away for a moment and when you turn back it's gone.

Gone before you even know what it meant. In this town, the past is a worthless thing...The place where we're talking now...was sea until a little while ago.

And in a few years there'll be a huge city in front of us.
And then, someday, that will become the worthless past.
It's like a continual bad joke.

That's probably what Hoba was trying to say...
"Where do we go? What are we?"

For this album I needed to find a way to make sounds that would represent the bleed of rust through concrete, the corrosion of iron and steel, weathering of glass and the general grime of the city as well as the transitory nature of life in and óf the city. In order to soundscape those qualities, I programmed a masterkeyboard with as many parameters of the Nord Lead 2 and the K-Station as I could and experimented with different control changes to make the sound "corroded" and a bit random, erratic. This worked wonderfully as the synths made very unpredictable sounds which I recorded. Some effects like corrosion were later added and this completed the sound. Thank you for listening!

Back