Muziek in je dromen

Hier een ander interessant onderzoek. Ik heb de onderzoeker om de hele paper gevraagd via research gate.

Carta, Stefano. (2009). Music in dreams and the emergence of the self. The Journal of analytical psychology. 54. 85-102. 10.1111/j.1468-5922.2008.01759.x. This paper deals with the presence and possible 'meaning' of music in dreams. The author explores a possible meaning of music as the most fundamental human symbolic experience, which directly points to the emergence of the Self from the primal union mystique with the Great Mother. The relationships between acoustic and visual experiences are taken into account as two basic human forms of coming into existence, although wholly different from each other. The role of music in dreams seems to be that of the most direct representation of the emerging Self in its pure, pre-representational form. Therefore, when music appears in dreams, providing there is the activation of an emotional tone, all other elements--visual and verbal--should be considered as the expression of the sense to which the music is pointing. A clinical example is described in order to better express the author's opinions.

Department of Music, McMaster University, Ontario, Canada
L8S 4M2
ALAN WALKER, D MUS (DUNELM), professor and chairman
BRITISH MEDICAL JOURNAL 22-29 DECEMBER 1979
Music and the unconscious: ALAN WALKER

On the night of 17 February 1854 Schumann had a dream. Angels appeared and dictated music to him. On waking, he got out of bed and copied the piece down from memory. The short
32-bar tune in E flat major was later used by Schumann as the basis of a set of variations which were published posthumously in 1939.'
A no less striking example of "dream music" occurred in 1918 when Stravinsky was working on his score L'histoire du soldat. He tells us that not only did the music itself appear to
him in a dream, but also the person playing it. A young gypsy was sitting by the edge of the road. She had a child on her lap, for whose entertainment she was playing a violin. The child
showed his delight with the music by applauding enthusiastically.

Next morning, Stravinsky was able vividly to recall the scene, and included the gypsy's piece in the music of the Petit Concert.2
Perhaps the most famous of all musical dreams occurred to Tartini. He dreamt that he made a pact with the devil for his
soul. Everything went at his command; his new servant anticipated every one of his wishes. Then he handed the devil his
violin, to see what he might do with it. "Great was my astonishment," said Tartini, "when I heard him play a sonata of such
exquisite beauty as surpassed the boldest flight of my imagination. I awoke, and seizing my violin, I tried to reproduce the
sounds I had heard, but in vain. The sonata I then composed, although the best I ever wrote, was far below the one I heard in
my dreams." Such was the origin of Tartini's Devil's Trill sonata.3
All musicians can testify to having composed, performed, or simply listened to music in their dreams. Dreaming about music,
in fact, is a professional pastime. Even Walther's prize song, in Meistersinger, came to him in a dream-a sure sign that Wagner,
too, understood the central part that dreams can play in the mental life of the composer. Indeed, he himself (according to
Mein Leben) had earlier composed the prelude to Rheingold in a twilight state of drowsy somnolence.

Ik heb dat regelmatig.

Heb wel ondervonden na inspanningen om er een deel van te onthouden als je wakker bent dat het niet zo goed is als je laat blijken in de droom.

In de droom wordt er nadruk gelegd op de hele background orchestratie,met veel harmonischen die je in een emotionele mood brengen waardoor het in de droom geniaal blijkt te zijn.

Zie het een beetje als een eenvoudig melodie/sound die je door een gave H8000FW jaagt,zodra je wakker wordt valt die 'reverb' weg.

Ja, dat totaalplaatje vasthouden en in het echt recreeren is nagenoeg onmogelijk. Maar dat geldt ook voor als je naar een complex muziekarrangement luistert. Daarvan kun je (de gewone stervelingen onder ons) ook alleen maar de hoofdlijnen meenemen.

Ik denk dat wanneer je een helder idee in je hoofd kunt vertalen naar het echt (het totaalplaatje), dat het dan weinig uitmaakt of je iets hoort, iets fantaseert, iets hallucineert of droomt.
Maar inderdaad, als de details ontbreken, terwijl die er voor je gevoel wel zijn, dan zal het resultaat tegenvallen. Je kunt het goed vergelijken met het zien van een visueel totaalbeeld, waarbij je het idee hebt dat je alles en elk detail ziet. In de praktijk blijken echter complete gaten opgevuld te zijn door je hersenen. Niet opgevuld met details, maar met iets vaags, iets wolligs, iets abstracts, iets dat je niet kunt tekenen, schilderen. Hetzelfde dus met geluid, waarbij die hele sfeer voor een groot deel te abstract is om zomaar hoorbaar te maken.

Soms droom ik over muziek, vaak als ik diep genoeg slaap en toch niet diep genoeg om niks te horen en gelijktijdig is er buiten/elders lawaai zoals gebonk of zwaar motorgebrom. Dat vertaalt mijn brein dan naar drums, en vervolgens komt daar een heel progressieve rock nummer bij in de stijl van 70's Hawkwind:halleluja opgefrist met gierende gitaren. In de droom voelt dat dan altijd als een heel lang nummer (40 minuten ofzo)...

Ik heb jaren geleden een djembe gekocht, prachtige trommel maar duur.... ruim 500 gulden.
Droomde dat hij gestolen werd, man, wat werd ik sjaggerijnig wakker...
Gaat niet over muziek creatie, maar is wel instrument gerelateerd, dus middelmatig on topic 😇

Soms droom ik over muziek, vaak als ik diep genoeg slaap en toch niet diep genoeg om niks te horen en gelijktijdig is er buiten/elders lawaai zoals gebonk of zwaar motorgebrom. Dat vertaalt mijn brein dan naar drums
Dat heb ik ook wel 'ns gehad dat ik iets met muziek droomde en even later wakker werd en er achter kwam dat het te maken had met een machine buiten die aangezet was...dat noemen andere qua stijl wel industrial. :D

Echt nog nooit muzieknoten gedroomd, zelfs niet over synth's en aanverwanten,Of een gevierde ster achterna gezeten door horde vrouwelijke fans en wakker worden in één van die residential skyscrapers in Manhattan.
Nee die realistische dromen heb ik niet.

Back