Dangerous Music AD+

xpanded stereo

Ouwe rot
Mooi ding. Hier een eerste reactie van een SOS reviewer voorafgaand het artikel:

I've just installed a review unit in my control room and it sounds spectacular!

Recording a sixteen channel analogue mix really shows the difference that the AD+ makes - the low-end definition, the mid-range depth, the upper mid-range transient clarity, the smooth yet super-defined transient response and the stereo panorama. WOW!

This unit is definitely not leaving my control room.
I'd say the X-Former Insert tightens up the low-end just a tiny bit, making it sound more controlled, cohesive and defined. It lowers the low-end by 1/2dB or so but at the same time adds overtones an octave up.
With the Emphasis fully counter-clockwise the effect is ever so slight - which is perfect. Sounds like it's level dependent and more audible when pushing the levels, but still subtle.

Adding Emphasis makes the sound open up just a little bit. Like Chris Muth has written in the manual, it acts as a kind of shelving filter kicking in at 3kHz and up, but at the same time act as a compressor/saturation for the top-end - again ever so slight.

Switching the X-Former with Emphasis - at 12 O'clock or more - in and out, is like adding just a bit of "fresh air".

I can imagine that the X-Former Insert is one of those processors that you notice when you've worked a mix or master into it, and then disable it.

My other transformer-balanced outboard adds more flavor and color if you like, whereas the X-Former Insert shall more be seen as a helping hand or "bettermaker" - if the music content allows it.

I don't know if this description makes sense, but if I have to explain in just a few words, it would be "tightens up the low-end just a tiny bit and adds a bit of fresh air to the mix". :-)

It's not by far as audible as the X-Former Saturation in the Dangerous 2-BUS++.

Cheers
Fred
Sound On Sound contributor

PS. Using the Emphasis knob is quite addictive. :-)

En een eerste video met Luca Protolesi.
Tijdelijke link volgens mij:
https://themusicalliance.us/fly-on-the-wall/

Schoonheidsfoutje dat achterop de "word in" en "word out" tekst schuil gaan onder de moeren van de bnc-connectors.

En een eerste video met Luca Protolesi.
Tijdelijke link volgens mij:
https://themusicalliance.us/fly-on-the-wall/

Is het wel het vermelden waard dat Luca Pretolesi actief promotie doet voor Dangerous Audio. Want hij gebruikt in zijn eigen studio voor mastering de Prism Sound Lyra 2 als AD, omdat hij de anti-clip technologie op de inputs gebruikt als limiting waarmee hij er nog 1 รก 2db uit kan knijpen. Neemt niet weg dat Dangerous Audio natuurlijk meer dan prima spul maakt :okdan:

Toch ben ik als tevreden 2bus+ gebruiker tempted.
Marketing van DA bevalt me niet.
Manmanman wat doorzichtig weer.
Maar met name slechte Fokking gare zielloze proggi demo.
Tis uiteindelijk wel weer top notch spul.
En zeg nou zelf: Apollo 16 mk2 -> 2bus+ -> .... Ah nee he een zwarte Next gen Dave Hill hedd��
Hedd

Back