Behringer UB-Xa, remake van de Oberheim OB-Xa

Hier het nieuws...

Attachments

• UB-Xa_P0XXX_Top-Front.jpg
    UB-Xa_P0XXX_Top-Front.jpg
    57,5 KB · Bekeken: 2.124
Last edited by a moderator:
Ik heb liever een niet al te grote desktop die mooi op de rechterkant van mijn Virus TI2 keys past :)

Berichtje van Uli.

Berichtje van Uli.

Berichtje van Uli.

Hi guys,

I like to provide you with an update.

Please find attached a new front panel layout, which includes many of your suggestions. However we decided not to integrate effects in order to retain the authenticity of the original instrument. When it comes to effects, we might be able to surprise you with a very cool solution in the near future :-)

While the team is now working on the schematics and software architecture of the synth, we have not yet locked down the design and feature set, so there is still room for change.

Please let us know your thoughts.

Thanks!

Uli

Attachments

• Schermafdruk van 2018-03-07 15:06:48.jpg
    Schermafdruk van 2018-03-07 15:06:48.jpg
    56,1 KB · Bekeken: 84
When it comes to effects, we might be able to surprise you with a very cool solution in the near future :-)

Benieuwd wat ie bedacht heeft, misschien een multi effekten bak met bijv 4 in en 4 out zodat je zelf verschillende dingen kunt inpluggen en kunt kiezen welke van de hardware voorzien wordt van een effekt

update:

"Hello everyone,

I like to give you an update on the UB-Xa development.

When I announced the project some time ago, I mentioned that it would take at least a year as it is a "labor of love" and our Midas engineer would do this as a side project since their main priorities are with digital mixing consoles.

Because of their high workload, the development of the UB-Xa had unfortunately stalled for quite some time.

Good news is that the team is working on it again and we have just finished all schematics and the mechanical design while the team is now focusing on the board layout and firmware.
This is a major job and don't expect anything soon, however we are confident that we will deliver this project as promised and hopefully at a price which will make everyone happy.

In order to maintain the integrity of the original sound design, we've been using 3340 and 3320 VCO's and VCF's but replaced the outdated digital section with very powerful Arm Processors.

Thanks for your patience.

Uli"

782232d1543210820-ub-xa-synthesizer-img_0612.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	782232d1543210820-ub-xa-synthesizer-img_0612.jpg Views:	1 Size:	70,8 KB ID:	3652537

"Unfortunately we don't have any time line or price indication at this stage; frankly the project is still far from completion.

As I stated multiple times, many of our synthesizers are not very profitable and at times even loss leaders. Synths are my absolute passion and since we're a privately owned company, we're able to pursue these "labor of love" projects. Luckily the team supports me in my mission as they are equally passionate synth nuts :-)

As you can imagine, we need to ensure our R&D teams primarily focus on products that'll keep the light on for Midas and our 100 engineers in Manchester. Their main focus is designing highly complex Midas Digital Mixing Consoles. The upside for you is that these are world-class engineers who help with these synth designs.

PRO X-CC-TP | Digital | Mixers | Midas | Categories | MUSIC Tribe

As you can easily see, we're offering our synths at extremely low prices simply because we want to empower musicians to enjoy music without breaking the bank. This is something I am very passionate about.

Uli"

Ik hoop de Behringer de Linndrum nog eens gaat uitbrengen.

bupdate:

"We're making good progress.

We've now finished the PCB layout of UB-Xa main board which was a major challenge due to the immense complexity of this synth.

From the attached board layout you can see that we have managed to place and route close to 4,000 mainly discrete components, 16 x 3340 VCO's and 16 x 3320 VCF's, several ARM processors and I/O's - all on a highly dense 6-layer PCB.
People familiar with electronics, know that laying out mixed architecture boards (analog and digital circuitry) is a true skill.

Compared to the original design you can now witness how technology has massively evolved over the past 40 years, both in component size, board density and CPU processing power.
Just compare the large digital section of the original design and how it has now shrunk to a few high-power components. However it is also remarkable that many of the historical components such as TL064/74 quad opamps are still available and quite popular.

We hope to be able to assemble our first prototype in a couple of months and we'll be showing you pictures when we're ready.

Please bear in mind that we haven't started with the firmware development yet which is the majority of the work. This will take much of 2019 to complete.

This synth is one of my all-time favorite synths and I can't wait to play the first chord :-)

Uli

P.S. As you can see from the board, we've retained the original Voice Panning trimmers."

786272d1545278346-ub-xa-synthesizer-p0cqm_01-main_reva.jpg

Nvidia heeft net een grafische kaart met 16.8 miljard transistoren op de markt gezet voor 1000ā‚¬, dus iets met 4000 componenten zou voor een eurootje of 3 moeten lukken. ;)

Nvidia heeft net een grafische kaart met 16.8 miljard transistoren op de markt gezet voor 1000ā‚¬, dus iets met 4000 componenten zou voor een eurootje of 3 moeten lukken. ;)

Alleen heeft NVIDIA daar geen kast omheen gebouwd, dus komt daar nog +/- ā‚¬ 897,00 bij :D

Ze hebben gewoon teveel interessante dingen op stapel staan: clone Pro-One, clone VP330, clone OB-Xa (zucht: dat wordt weer bezuinigen (en ruimte maken) :engel:

JurgeN

volgens uli is het design af:

"Here's another exciting update.

We have now completed the entire hardware design, which includes all PCB's and mechanical aspects.

The next step is to build our first working prototype and we hope to show a physical sample in around a month time.

Please bear in mind that we're now starting the most time consuming part, which is the firmware development, which will take considerable amount of time.

While we'll be able to reuse some of the DeepMind firmware, most will be new as we're moving to a high-performance ARM processor platform. This is especially useful as it allows for us to design upcoming synths in a very efficient manner.

Happy New Year everyone.

Uli"

788393d1546399399-ub-xa-synthesizer-ub-xa-2.jpg

788395d1546399419-ub-xa-synthesizer-ub-xa-3.jpg

788394d1546399410-ub-xa-synthesizer-ub-xa-1.jpg

Is het blue Monday? Mooi! Effe zuur doen.

6 layer pcb? Dat gaat nog leuk worden als er iets kapot gaat.

Is het blue Monday? Mooi! Effe zuur doen.

6 layer pcb? Dat gaat nog leuk worden als er iets kapot gaat.

als hij zoveel gaat kosten als de andere behringerts koop je voor dat geld gelijk een nieuwe
de pcb is lekker compact dus misschien gaan we wel een module voor rond de $299 zien

Back