Pro 2 BETA OS 1.2.2.8

Lid van de week
ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR IMPORTANT WORK VIA SYSEX DUMP BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY OS UPDATES!!
Not that we're expecting bad things to happen, but always better safe than sorry. Just remember, you're never going to say to yourself "Man, I wish I hadn't backed that up..."

We do not recommend using the following MIDI interfaces for sysex transfers as we have had multiple users experience problems with them:
  • Native Instruments Maschine
  • Digidesign Mbox/Mbox2
  • Digidesign 001/002
  • CME U2MIDI
Updating the Pro 2 OS on a PC
Updating the Pro 2 OS on a Mac

The OS updates can be installed in any order, just power cycle in between each update.

To check if the OS update was properly installed, go to the global menu by hitting the 'Global' button and the OS version is displayed at the top of the 3rd column

If your OS update failed:
  • Update your MIDI drivers for your MIDI interface to the latest or last known stable version
  • Try alternate speed settings: transfer speed settings as low as 25% and as high as 100% have worked for some users when 80% did not
  • Try an alternate MIDI interface. The M-Audio MIDI Sport Uno works well here and is relatively cheap
  • In Windows with MIDI OX on Windows XP: Try doubling or quadrupling the Size setting to start, and halving/doubling the number of buffers
  • Search google and/or forums for the company that produces your MIDI interface to see if other users are having similar problems with Sysex transfers and whether there is a solution specific to your interface
  • If you are on Windows XP, try another OS or machine. Although it's not ideal, we have had less problems with Mac OSX and Windows 7. Windows XP has known issues with sysex transfers

BETA Main OS 1.2.2.8
NOTE: Reset globals or enable the screen saver global after installing this OS unless you absolutely do not want it on to save your OLED lifespan

Features

1. Feature: increased panning modulation destination range
  2. Feature: added paraphonic recording mode

Bugs

1. Fixed Bug: sequencer should send all notes off when sequencer stopped
  2. Fixed Bug: when clock set to master and clock is transmitted to MIDI port 1, changing sequencer destination to MIDI out causes hard crash
  3. Fixed Bug: sequencer play button does not always start sequencer
  4. Fixed Bug: MIDI arp note and program send globals not present in global parameter dump
  5. Fixed Bug: received program change commands are not loading saved program into edit buffer when program change equals curently selected program
  6. Fixed Bug: copy sequencer track assigns slew to a value of 100 on all steps of copied track when track is not MIDI track
  7. Fixed Bug: sequencer - seq play mode, restart off - playing a key advances the sequencer to the next step
  8. Fixed Bug: when sequencer in playback, playing a key on the keybed advances the sequencer 1 step
  9. Fixed Bug: MIDI CC timing issue with local off and MIDI loop
  10. Fixed Bug: program changes do not work well when local is off
  11. Fixed Bug: does not respond to universal sysex device inquiry messages
  12. Fixed Bug: sequencer sends out MIDI Start when transposing
  13. Fixed Bug: when local control off, sequencer play source set to "key", sending MIDI note to Pro 2 does not start sequencer
  14. Fixed Bug: key play mode, env trig off, hold on, note stops play
  15. Fixed Bug: when sequencer is on, not in playback, and retrigger off, holding a key and pressing and releasing another causes envelopes to retrigger on key release.
  16. Fixed Bug: when local off and arp to midi on, no notes are sent to MIDI output
  17. Fixed Bug: sequencer responds to MIDI Start/Stop when in step mode
  18. Fixed Bug: play once does not stop when seq length is less than the max seq length
  19. Fixed Bug: play once does not work when restart on
  20. Fixed Bug: seq env trigger off, seq notes off, note out is sent when sequencer played
  21. Fixed Bug: playing a key does not advance the sequencer when gate source not key, play source key, play mode step, env trig off
  22. Fixed Bug: analog distortion seq track destination quick select not working
  23. Fixed Bug: play source key, play mode once, restart on, pressing key causes first step of sequence to play twice
  24. Fixed Bug: sequencer play button does not send out MIDI START command when sequencer activated using button
  25. Fixed Bug: midi clock slows when keys are played
  26. Fixed Bug: local off, sequencer play button does not send out MIDI start/stop message
  27. Fixed Bug: when track 1 notes off, env trig on, seq does not retrigger envelopes

Attachments

• Pro2_Main_1.2.2.8.syx
    585,5 KB · Bekeken: 216
Volgens mij is dit echt een maintenance-release(werd tijd!!) al is de parafone sequencer-optie erg leuk. Straks maar even proberen!

Hoop ook dat de din midi is gefixt en ik eindelijk hem op mijn octatrack kan aansluiten.

Aha! Goed nieuws, deze gaat er vanavond direct even op. Hoewel even....het staat mij bij dat dit best even duurt.

Van het DSI-forum:

"I tried to sequence the Pro 2 with my Octatrack using the new Beta 1.2.2.8. The Pro 2 doesn't get hung notes in exactly the same way as the OS 1.2 release. It seems to miss the note off message from the Octatrack and never stops playing the note. For example, I can send a single short duration note via MIDI cable from the Octatrack (no MIDI clock or anything else) and the note never stops playing. I can play a lower priority note on the Pro 2 keyboard and you hear it but then it goes back to the original note that seems to have infinite length.

I reverted back to the OS 1.1 release and all is well between Octatrack & Pro 2. My Tempest doesn't seem to have problems with the Octatrack for single notes or chords where I have used the OS 1.4 and up.

Please note I used a single MIDI cable to run these tests removing my MIDI merge and thru devices."

Grr!

Back