"The Fluid Computer" elpee en fotoboek

www.florisvanhoof.com
https://florisvanhoof.bandcamp.com/album/the-fluid-computer

"The Fluid Computer" contains two new side long compositions on vinyl and a 24-page book with my photos on a lush 30cm by 30cm format, packed together inside a thick record cover.

This music and these pictures are made out of curiosity about how multiple images overlap on film and how waves that arise in tiny electronic circuits translate to the outside world. Whooshing echoes out of homemade musical circuits and acoustic recordings processed through a configuration of tape recorders mix the same way as the colors in the layered images. After projecting analog images my performances, this is the first release that truly combines my music and visual worlds.

2 side long pieces and a selection of 24 slides printed on a lush 30 by 30 cm format give an alternative for popular myths “our memory is a tape recorder” and “the exact photographic memory”. When we take time to listen inside own heads, what appears might be closer to the double exposed images and swirling tape manipulations then we imagine.

The title is comes from the book 'The Pattern on the Stone' by inventor W. Daniel Hillis. The word 'computer' usually refers to an electronic digital device. The book tells about the existence of computers where water flows instead of electrons. This 'fluid computer' serves as a source of inspiration for deconstructing the ubiquitous algorithmic machine, and for new technologies to be revived through untracked sidetracks.

Bij "releases" staan nog wel eens Bandcamp links tussen hoor.

Van dat Engels klopt wel, ik was vergeten dat hier alles in het Nederlands moet.

Want een Nederlandse Amerikaan die zie je al van verren staan : )

Een concept waarbij niet alleen over de muziek is nagedacht, maar wat breder is. Dat is mooi. :)
Horen we misschien ook ergens een 2206, de functiegenerator? :D

Back