stephen parsick live @ planetarium bochum, 13 december 2008

CS80

Stamgast
Ha mensen,

ik wilde jullie ff laten weten dat ik op 13 december aanstaande in Bochum/duitsl. ga optreden. Hier wat nadere info in het Engels. Bedankt voor het lezen en jullie aandacht.

Groeten,

Stephen.

Hi all,

on December 13, 2008, I will be performing my annual live show at Bochum Planetarium, Germany. This time the show will be witnessing the premiere (ugh, wow, doesn´t *that* sound important?) of my latest musical enterprise "cambrium -- music for protozoa".

It will be based entirely on sounds and textures created, processed, and treated extensively on an ARP 2600 synthesiser with matching ARP Sequencer. To me it was very much like going back to the early beginnings of electronic music, with people like Morton Subotnick doing his first Buchla albums, or David Vorhaus coaxing the most out of his VCS-3s. As most of you will know, I´m very fond of that old Brian Eno quote, "limitations force you to be creative" :). Musically and timbrally, it will be the most electronic-sounding music I have created in a long time. No easy listening, though ;). Some people I played the demo tapes to thought it reminded them of "Forbidden Planet" by the Barrons, or "Andromeda Strain" by Gil Mellé (a VCS-3 album, incidentally).

When and if my transport problem is solved by then, I might even bring my ARP 2600 and use it live on stage for additional embellishments.

You can reserve your ticket via the website

www.planetarium-bochum.de

but due to the 300+ seats it should be possible to get your ticket on the evening from the box office, just in case you happen to decide to drop by spontaneously. Entrance fee is 10 Euro (8 Euro for students etc.).

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks for reading,

Stephen.

Hoi mono-poly,

ik ben wel van plan om de ARP 2600 mee te nemen maar het enige probleem dat ik op dit moment nog heb is dat ik maar slechts een piepklein autootje heb... ik hoop echter dat ik alles mee kan nemen wat ik voor het concert nodig heb.

Stephen

Ha mensen,

het concert was errug prima qua afloop en organisatie, en ik denk de muziek mocht er ook wel wezen ;). Ik ben inmiddels klaar met het afwerken van de liveregistratie (plus een toegift die er niet gespeeld werd wegens tijdgebrek). Dus wie er belangstelling voor heeft, kan een cd-r in speciale vormgeving bij mij bestellen (géén goedkope rotzooi met laserdruk en cd-r´s van je plaatselijke AH dus). Eind januari hoop ik ook een alternatieve versie van de muziek als download via Extended Moment op www.musiczeit.com beschikbaar te kunnen maken, dus als jullie benieuwd zijn kan je daar ook terecht voor wat geluid :).

Ik ga wat verdere informatie plaatsen zodra het zover is.

Bedankt voor het lezen, groeten,

Stephen.

Attachments

• PDR_0537.JPG
    PDR_0537.JPG
    88,8 KB · Bekeken: 54
Back