Hoeveel gekker kan het nog worden - deel 2

Hanz

Anonieme Analogist
Ik weet niet wat er met de eerdere thread is gebeurd, maar deze wonderkabel wilde ik toch even delen...

cyno0.jpg

We are proud to announce the v2 version of the Remarkable Cynosure USB cable.

Over the past 4 years of building USB cables, I have learned a great deal, and am now applying this knowledge to improve the already stellar performance of the Nucleus and Cynosure USB cables. *The v2 version of both is available now.

The Cynosure v2 is a statement on ultimate USB cable design. The ultimate realization of my USB cable construction philosophy using a core of my custom manufactured braid of my customer ultra pure CFDCT-UP-OCC-Ag conductors. This new wire is a great step up from my previous efforts, and allow the "sould" of the original Cynosure to stay intact, while allowing the cable to be even more quiet than before, and reveal even more inner details. *As in the previous version, I surround the core with multiple layers (how many=proprietary) of damping and shielding. The layers consist of cotton, carbon fiber, Teflon, Mylar, Nylon, silver plated copper braid, and many more materials that I will not reveal. All Cynosure's are hand built, burned in, and evaluated in one of my reference systems, by me personally.

Locus Design was one of the first, if not the first, to come out with an "audiophile" USB cable. The Cynosure v2 utilizes many of the new techniques I have learned, tested, and proven, over the past four years about USB cable design.*

It all starts with raw materials, I have a vendor partner who I have have taught (and wasted more money than I want to think about teaching them) to make my wire exactly like I want it made, and exactly to my specs, which I then treat with my CryoFreeze™ process as soon as I receive it. So, the raw materials are without peer.

I then braid this masterpiece of a wire into a proprietary braid so that the conductors are evenly spaced, and arranged in the configuration I want them to be.

Around this core, I then add many different layers of shielding and damping. Some of the materials I use are carbon fiber, cotton, SPC braid, ERS fabric, Nylon, Teflon, and many more. This damping/shielding arrangement ensures that the inner cores that carry the data and VDC lines are isolated not only from each other, but from any external influences to the cable, be they mechanical, or electrical. In addition, these layers damp the conductors themselves, and prevent micro vibrations inside the cable from affecting the signal. These layers are one of the reasons that the cable takes a while to "settle" back in after it has been moved, or unplugged.

I use two of these "assemblies" above, one carries the VDC and ground, the other carries the data +/- signal. These two assemblies are then braided around a core of different materials to further damp them, space them, and isolate them from each other.

Over the whole tri-braided assembly I then add more layers of shielding and damping in order to damp the whole internal build of the cable, and further isolate the inner assembly from the outside world.

Everything about the Cynosure is custom, the connectors, the wire, the way I damp and shield it, and even how I terminate it with the best Mundorf solder and a special adhesive material that not only does not negatively impact the sound, but makes the ends very strong and durable.

All of the above took me a great deal of money, listening time, and experimentation to find the optimum balance to build the finest USB cable I currently know how to build. The Cynosure is incredibly labor intensive, all of the materials are of the highest quality and very expensive, and the development took quite a long time. So, while the cable is expensive, the price is what it is, and if one wants the best, well...

For those who demand the very best, and have the means to acquire it. E-mail for details.

Starting at $3549 for 3FT.

Wat een belachelijk ding. Dat moet een grap zijn.

Valt dus toch nog mee met die economische crisis. Misschien kunnen we een groupbuy regelen. Krijgen we beslist 100 dollar er vanaf.:D

"...but once I installed the Cynosure v2 in the system, Parables and all, I knew I was making more than a marginal improvement to the DMS; Lee really should call this cable the "Cyno-for-sure" because it will improve the sound of any digital music server based on a USB connection I confidently prognosticate "for sure". What, you ask, are the improvements? To that I reply, "Everything"..."

..."Everything sounds more forward, clearer, sharper, more focused and just damn better; it's the equivalent of a component upgrade..."

Hihi

Pff, wat een crap zeg:r

:dubbel: Geniale en compleet verwerpelijke zakenman deze gast, want niet tevreden geld terug gaat niet op zo te lezen (zie beneden); 20% > 600 dollar om een usb kabel te testen!

Trial Policy: Any custom Locus Design cable may be returned within 30 days for a refund, if for some odd reason it does not perform as expected in your system. A 20% restocking fee (of the the total price) will be charged and any shipping charges incurred will be the responsibility of the buyer. In order to be eligible for return, the cable must be in 'new' condition (this condition will be evaluated by myself, ie., I will be the judge), returned within 30 days and have a valid RMA attached to the packaging.

Voorbeeldje:
Je neemt 2 exact dezelfde apparaten. De 1 kost 1000 euro, de ander kost 10 euro.
Ga je ze vergelijken in een AB test, dan zal het apparaat van 1000 euro altijd beter klinken. Want je hebt er 1000 euro voor uitgegeven en dan moet het beter zijn dan het goedkopere product.
En denk niet dat dit niet echt gebeurt. Er zijn highend fabrikanten die een dvd speler van 200 euro in een ander jasje stoppen en er 20000 euro voor vragen. En ze verdienen er goed aan.

Er is maar 1 ding wat je beschermd tegen dit soort geldverspilling: ABX testen. En dat is niet moeilijk om zelf te doen, je hebt software die het protocol regelen en binnen een half uurtje weet je of je veel verschil kan horen of niet.
Ik zelf ga nog verder: Als ik geen verschil hoor op mijn 5 euro kostende PC speakertjes komt het er bij mij niet in.
Want dan is het verschil te klein om echt uit te maken en kan ik beter m´n geld uitgeven wat wel genoeg verschil maakt.

:dubbel: Geniale en compleet verwerpelijke zakenman deze gast, want niet tevreden geld terug gaat niet op zo te lezen (zie beneden); 20% > 600 dollar om een usb kabel te testen!

Citaat:
Trial Policy: Any custom Locus Design cable may be returned within 30 days for a refund, if for some odd reason it does not perform as expected in your system. A 20% restocking fee (of the the total price) will be charged and any shipping charges incurred will be the responsibility of the buyer. In order to be eligible for return, the cable must be in 'new' condition (this condition will be evaluated by myself, ie., I will be the judge), returned within 30 days and have a valid RMA attached to the packaging.

En de kabel komt natuurlijk altijd beschadigd terug, want je hebt hem in de usb poort gestopt en dan komen er krassen op. Niet meer nieuw en betaal je de volle mep.
Deze gast is een oplichter van het ergste soort.

Zouden die audiofielen dan ook een kooi van Faraday in huis hebben waarin de muziekinstallatie staat?
Maarja, kennelijk is er wel markt voor...

Vette shit.. die MOET ik hebben! :-)

Zou je het email adres erbij kunnen zetten. Ik ben benieuwd of hij iemand hier kan overtuigen om zo'n kabeltje te kopen. :dubbel:

Zou je het email adres erbij kunnen zetten. Ik ben benieuwd of hij iemand hier kan overtuigen om zo'n kabeltje te kopen. :dubbel:

dudes, check de site. De man van die kabels is zopas overleden...

Voorbeeldje:
Je neemt 2 exact dezelfde apparaten. De 1 kost 1000 euro, de ander kost 10 euro.
Ga je ze vergelijken in een AB test, dan zal het apparaat van 1000 euro altijd beter klinken. Want je hebt er 1000 euro voor uitgegeven en dan moet het beter zijn dan het goedkopere product.

Amen.

Mensen moeten nou eenmaal geld uitgeven, daar voelen we ons goed door. Daar komt bij dat rijke mensen meer moeten uitgeven dan minder rijken om hetzelfde gevoel te krijgen. Zo zijn er dus altijd wel weer mensen die een manier vinden om de rijke mensen hun geld te ontvangen om hier zelf dan weer rijk van te worden.
Dat is een goed gegeven. Al helemaal in economisch zwaardere tijden.

Back