Strata: nieuwe Ableton Live controller (Kickstarter)

Kickstarter start: 1 oktober (hij moet nog wel ff aan zijn promo videootjes werken :D)

ENVISION SOUND - Strata

RELEASE: KICKSTARTER LAUNCHES OCTOBER

Over the past few yerars i've lost count of the number of times people have suggested that Isotonik gets into the controller business. I've always wondered whether the truly perfect controller could ever exist with the amount of times that I change my mind and performance template.

But then maybe i've not been approaching it in the right way, what if there was a controller that focused on the functionality of Ableton Live rather than on my specific performance?

That's where Strata comes in, a brand new Ableton Live Controller that's due to launch on Kickstarter in October. I've seen many controllers launch and fail on the platform but i hope this ones different and thought i'd share it with you at this early stage to give the guys behind it as much as a chance of success as i can and so here's some words of introduction from Galen Farrel the driving force behind the project...

"Envision Sound, Technologies is a new musician-producer-tech startup formed to bring to the public its first product, called Strata, a next-generation control system for Ableton Live 9 & 10.

Perhaps a bold move, with Ableton already having its Push 2, and with the legacy of Novation and Akai gear, such as the launch pads and APCs, following in the footsteps of equipment like the Monome and MPCs, but Envision Sound asserts that Strataís unique approach improves the fluidity and possibilities of music creation and performance in ways otherwise not currently available.

Strata is designed around a combined style of grid controllers and beat pads, but the similarity largely ends at this aesthetic. Rather than the grid to be used as a clip launching matrix, step sequencer, or polyphonic note-play surface, it is used primarily as a menu of modes and options, track selectors, and mixer controls.

The uniquely-defining feature of Strata is multi-selection control, which allows for simultaneous control of its features to affect whatever tracks are currently selected."

STRATA'S FEATURES - https://envisionsound.tech/2019/08/31/how-strata-differs-from-push-ii/

USER GUIDE - https://envisionsound.tech/user-guide/

VIDEOS - https://envisionsound.tech/videos/

DEMO - You can demo the virtual version of strata by joining the Strata [Beta] testing group, and get a feel for if it's right for you. - https://envisionsound.tech/#join-the-strata-beta-testing-group

KICKSTARTER - CLICK HERE -Strata is comin to Kickstarter, October 1st.Prospective price $500 USD, not including shipping or VAT. Planned to be available for shipping to USA, UK, France, Germany, Italy, & Spain. Price will likely be ajusted to include a flat shipping + VAT rate per country, and is currently being researched.

Laatst gewijzigd:
strata.jpg

Prima basis ontwerp, potentieel gat in de markt, ik zou erg geinteresseert zijn als die 32 potmeters ring encoders waren, maar dit,, het heeft leuke knopjes, die iedereen al heeft met Push en alle andere matrix controllers (met natuurlijk een paar functies die extra leuk zijn), en dan 32 potmeters die je eigenlijk niet wil gebruiken, beter om hier een BCR2000 voor te gebruiken of zo iets, kortom, ik loop door tot er een controller is zonder irritante missers.

Prima basis ontwerp, potentieel gat in de markt, ik zou erg geinteresseert zijn als die 32 potmeters ring encoders waren, maar dit,, het heeft leuke knopjes, die iedereen al heeft met Push en alle andere matrix controllers (met natuurlijk een paar functies die extra leuk zijn), en dan 32 potmeters die je eigenlijk niet wil gebruiken, beter om hier een BCR2000 voor te gebruiken of zo iets, kortom, ik loop door tot er een controller is zonder irritante missers.

Ik ben ook niet echt overtuigd. Ik blijf voorlopig lekker bij de Push 2, die sluit prima aan bij mijn workflow, maar ik kan me zeker voorstellen dat dit voor live performers wel interessant zou kunnen zijn.

Ik ben ook niet echt overtuigd. Ik blijf voorlopig lekker bij de Push 2, die sluit prima aan bij mijn workflow, maar ik kan me zeker voorstellen dat dit voor live performers wel interessant zou kunnen zijn.

Mee eens, en voor studio gebruik, de manier om kanalen en sends te selecteren en gebruiken lijkt fijner dan de concurrentie, samen met de channelstrip functies enz zijn dat goede ideeën.

Back